1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

We've had the call! - Will they want to see my DT co-ordinator stuff?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by sallymgoodman, Jan 11, 2008.

1. sallymgoodman

sallymgoodman New commenter

In among the frenzy this weekend, should I be trying to create a 'DT Co-ordinator file'?

I have loads of photo evidence of work in a range of classes, but I haven't printed it out or annotated it?

Waste of time and ink or vital?

I feel sick....

2. sallymgoodman

In among the frenzy this weekend, should I be trying to create a 'DT Co-ordinator file'?

I have loads of photo evidence of work in a range of classes, but I haven't printed it out or annotated it?

Waste of time and ink or vital?

I feel sick....

3. had ours in June - nobody looked at anything except data! didn't even see most teachers!
    However, my DT file was done and handed in to HTs office - don't think it was looked at.
    Vx

4. not likely to be a priority unless mentioned in last report.
    There should have been a Pre inspection briefing PIB sent to Ht which will give a clear clue as to what they will be looking at and for.
    Good luck

5. sallymgoodman

Thank the lord for that.

Have just had a text saying that school's open tomorrow 'should we need to catch up with anything'!

6. thehawk

thehawk New commenter

I would wait. If asked for, you can can say it needs printing out, but is there. That is perfectly reasonable.

7. I had a subject specific DT inspection and have some materials I can share. These were based on materials I received from TES posters and existing materials.

I can mail and you can look and choose what to do with them.

rachelorr@talktalk.net

8. They won't be interested in it. They spoke to the Head, and me, as assessment leader. They didn't even speak to our DH, or Literacy subject leaders, and writing was a focus for them when they came in. They are very interested in assessment, data and learning. They will speak to the children more than they speak to teachers. I wouldn't panic.

9. Agree that they won't be interested in it (if the recent reply was with inspection in mind).
    They did speak with senior leaders and children and they saw all teachers more than once but we are a one form school so that is not a surprise really.
    Unless DT is at the forefront of your school improvement plan, I can't see why they would insist on seeing anything related to it.