1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Wet weather Lessons/plans

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by woody1, Apr 7, 2007.

1. As we are approaching in to the summer term activities, i have been advised to think of wet weather(indoor) lessons for

Athletics (track and field)
    Tennis
    Cricket
    Softball/rounders

Does any one have any they are willing to share, swop for resources i have.

Many thanks
    Please if you could email me at dave_woodward@hotmail.com

2. As we are approaching in to the summer term activities, i have been advised to think of wet weather(indoor) lessons for

Athletics (track and field)
    Tennis
    Cricket
    Softball/rounders

Does any one have any they are willing to share, swop for resources i have.

Many thanks
    Please if you could email me at dave_woodward@hotmail.com

3. You can also do Rugby League indoors in the form of tag rugby. six tags and then turn the ball over. on the tackles the teams have to play the ball (RL style) It's good as something diffrent.

4. Indoor athletics competitions - teams of 4 or 5. You can make it a field event competition (indoor jav/shot/discus, standing long jump/high jump) or a track event competition (short sprint, long sprint, middle distance, long distance, hurdles, relay) or a mixture of track and field. Put a score table up on the board and each team nominates one person for each event (analysis of strengths and weaknesses) and every person has to compete. Score each event on points for finishing 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc. Get your non-doers to do the scoring.