1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Wet Play Work Packs for KS2

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Spinachthellama2, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Does anyone know of good online resources which can be printed to make wet play packs? I want to print out and put together some activities which can be photocopied and made into a booklet for each child. Ideally Y3/4 level. We have colouring books and put out board games, but need some fun activities to keep children who prefer to work on their own occupied! Thanks.

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Never heard of such a thing. I've always just had classes who amuse themselves in wet break, cannot imagine giving them work packs to do.

They draw, colour, play board and card games, cut and stick, read, sort themselves out.

3. hammie

hammie Lead commenter

i think it is really important that they learn to be independant for that very short period of time! imaginative play etc is crucial!

4. Have to agree, it's their break let them (make them?!) amuse themselves.

5. We are going to provide each class with a box of games, cards etc which are only available at wet play times. Although I agree children should have free play, In reality most of the behaviour incidents occur because children struggle to think of constructive games. I am a Meals supervisor in a team, we have three of us to watch years 3-6 (single classes). Two of us walk up and down a corridor whilst children remain in class! My other MS walks children up to dinner. The boys seem to find this time very challenging, their ideas for play include leaping round the classroom with homemade guns (construction) throwing (anything!) rough and tumble on the carpet. When I ask how they spend their time at home "X-Box" tops the answers!
    It does interest me that each class has a Teacher and TA = 8 members of staff for KS2 yet 3 MS is considered sufficient for the same number of children!

I am really grateful it is just for the hour and look forward to sunny days:)