1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Westfield Academy - what ever happened to ethics and morals?

Discussion in 'Education news' started by binaryhex, Sep 29, 2018.

1. stonerose

stonerose Occasional commenter

This is exactly my concern. It's not just about actions of these people, it's more about how they have been allowed to do what they did. This isn't a one off.

And the blame for that lies in Westminster who are Brexit focussed at present. (Well that will be the excuse.)

2. baxterbasics

baxterbasics Senior commenter

I left the post over a year ago - as when i started to question things i was "managed out", so I'm biding my time until I contact the press.

In one case, a deputy head was appointed who only had a clutch of GCSEs to his name.

However, can't academies do precisely what they want and appoint their best friend as a HT with no GCSEs or teaching qualifications if they really want to do so?

3. schoolsout4summer

schoolsout4summer Lead commenter

I doubt that the media would be interested. We need a cultural shift away from the current "greed is good" mindset. More police/investigators, eye-wateringly heavy finds and long jail sentences for the corrupt would be my remedy.
    Oh and making it illegal for anyone who was not very, very rich to vote Conservative, with compulsory re-education programmes for the guilty/stupid.

4. ajrowing

ajrowing New commenter

I blame the teachers, they really ought to have taught ethics and morals better. The answer is a new inspectorate to check up that teachers are teaching this things correctly. It could be called the Office for Morals of the Nation (OffMoroN)

schoolsout4summer and blazer like this.