1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

West tying to start WW3

Discussion in 'Personal' started by red_observer, Nov 26, 2018.

1. red_observer

red_observer Star commenter

i an fearful of the outcome of the recent Ukraine-Russia clashes in the Crimea. The West is egging on Porishenko the gangster and illegal occupant of the presidency in Kiev. Of course Russia will be the bad boys and further sanctions will undoubtedly follow. I can’t see why the rest is ploughing along this course other than to destabilise Moscow. It will further deepen Putins popularity and further anti democratic policies from the corrupt Putin. I wish the West would have more sense I. The way it deals with Russia.

T34 and FormosaRed like this.
  2. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

I thought that NATO and the UN were acting as peace brokers by having meetings with representatives from both countries today.

3. red_observer

Well not seen that but why is nato getting involved?

4. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Grrr that wicked West forcing Russia to seize Ukrainian ships...

Forcing them to injure Ukrainian sailors...

Forcing Russia to destabilise eastern Ukraine...

Forcing Russia to illegally annex Crimea...

God, will the West just not stop in its wickedness.

5. red_observer

I am sorry to say that I cannot expect you to make a lot of sense on this topic given that you have made false claims about me when you refuse to apologise afterwards it rather hurts. Therefore I cannot take your posts other than with levity I’m afraid.

6. Geoff Thomas

Geoff Thomas Star commenter

The problem Ukraine has is the Russian-speaking, Russian-identifying population in the eastern parts of the country.

The ones whose parents and grandparents were moved in after the mass famine which was engineered to get rid of the locals.

Putin is reaping what Stalin sowed.

7. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

The mass famine that was (or wasn't) genocide...

8. Geoff Thomas

Geoff Thomas Star commenter

Just in conversation with a friend in Minsk.

It seems all commercial flights between Ukraine and Russia are suspended.

Many use Minsk as a hub between Russia and Ukraine. This morning, Russian passengers were turned back at the passport check in Kiev, Belarussians permitted to enter (or continue their journeys)

nizebaby likes this.
  9. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

Codswallop is all I say to your comment Red.

Sir_Henry likes this.
  10. red_observer

I don’t care anything what you think with rudeness like that.

11. oldsomeman

Fair enough. If you think that's rude then you ain't seen nothing!

12. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

13. oldsomeman

Frank. Why do you, as a historian, feel Russia is looking for conflict?
    I am wondering if the leader of the nation is trying to prove something or just unhinged, or maybe seeking a form of revenge to stir up so many issues with his forces.

14. Mainwaring

Mainwaring Lead commenter

West tying to start WW3

As in 'Tie a yellow ribbon on the old oak tree?'

But have no fear. I've already seen this scenario play out in 'Madame Secretary'. That McCord woman is a wonder. She solves every international crisis in less than an hour.

I have to declare an interest: In 1852 Mrs M's great x 3 grandfather William won a clasp to his Crimea medal for pulverising the Russians with shot and shell at Sebastopol. DNA reveals that William was also my own third cousin (the gene pool was small in Victorian Abram and there wasn't much else to do when you came home from the pit).

15. red_observer

Frank I don’t agree. Why would they? Remember ww2? They want respect and peace not war. They feel the West disrespects then and is using Ukraine to wind them up. That’s my perspective. I may be wrong. But it’s his I feel. Ukraine deserves better too. Poroshenko is a corrupt oligarch the West has invested in. As we do in Saudi, we are backing the wrong horse. What did Lord Salisbury say in the 1870s when describing British support for the corrupt Ottoman Empire? “We have backed the wrong horse.”

16. red_observer

Now there you do have something OSM.

17. Photo51

Photo51 Established commenter

I remember WW2. That's the one where the Soviet Union invaded Poland without declaring war

Burndenpark likes this.
  18. red_observer

Was this the same war Britain appeased Hitler rather than deal with Stalin and prevent war? The same war that before have Poland had an authoritarian right wing government? Have you read anything about this topic?

19. Photo51

Photo51 Established commenter

No that happened before the war started. We didn't want a second foreign war.
    I don't think that made it OK for the Soviet Union to invade Poland and massacre the Polish officer and intelligentsia class?

Burndenpark likes this.
  20. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

You mean WW2 where they invaded and annexed Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania, Bessarabia and Eastern Polandon , so assisting the fascist dissection and slaughter of Europe? Where they launched a war of aggression against Finland?

And that shows they want respect to you?

artboyusa and Burndenpark like this.