1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

West Berkshire GTP interview advice

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by Emu2, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Hi there all,
    i am new to this forum so sorry if this is a repeat of other messages. I am looking for advice on my upcoming GTP interview with west berkshire training partnership. I am really pleased that i have got an interview seeing as i have only one terms teaching assistants experience. I have been teaching tefl overseas for the past few years, so that might have helped. Anyway, i have been looking on websites and asking around to see what kinds of things i need to prepare for the interview. many people have said that there is no need to have 100% knowledge of things like the curriculum, surestart, cambridge review, etc, as they are not looking for you to know everything. but i am wondering what to read? I have a box at home full of articles and papers which i have been reading through, but wondering if anyone has had an interview there and could give me a heads up on the sorts of questions they ask? I know that i am expected to do other stuff as part of the interview on the day, but stressing out a bit on the actual one-one interview questions. Any help would be really really appreciated.
    thank you

2. Any help would be great please. thank you

3. TARYNB

TARYNB New commenter

Hi. I have already written somewhere else and was wondering if you got the message or not? would be great to talk. again like you my interview is soon although i think you may have already had yours. i am very nervous about the questions etc and am worried I have no prepared enough. How long did it take them to get back to you about what you had to do for your itnerview as so far i have had ntohing.

would be lovely to hear from you.

thanks taryn x