1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

We're painting the dining room

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lindenlea, Feb 20, 2016.

1. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

We did the gloss this pm -two lots of double doors and a single door plus wainscot and I'm hoping husband will do the emulsion tomorrow - one wall crispy crumble and two cream white (I know!) One wall is almost all window. I'd like to change the lamp table from a cheap glass one to an oak one which would match the table and we also have an old hi fi sytsem in there which we mostly use for the radio but has a CD player too. Could do with updating it but I'm losing the plot as far as modern consumption of music is concerned. I get in a muddle downoading stuff. Maybe it would be better to stick with what I know. Oh dear - is this the beginning of the end technologically speaking.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  2. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

What is crispy crumble please? It sounds as though it should be a golden colour.

3. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Kind of taupe actually.

4. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

Farrow and Ball et al, have some particularly strange descriptions for their colour charts and it seems to be filtering through to the mainstream manufacturers. I have never witnessed what an elephant's breath looks like. We have a wall painted in shadow chic. I like it very much.

5. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

And that is ......taupe maybe?

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  6. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

I've still got my trusty old stack system and will probably keep it until the CD player stops working. I did dump the MiniDisc (remember them?) section ages ago as that was completely redundant. Old stuff that works is fine in my book.

Your room sounds lovely and I'm sure it'll be worth the effort :)

7. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

I have a box full of mini disc compilations!

8. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

I have, when an elephant attacked me, as recorded on the wild animal thread.;)

I have also slept in a room painted with Piddle and Dollop's(AKA Farrell and Ball) elephant's breath.

9. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

What is taupe?

10. Flere-Imsaho

11. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

So it might be somewhere between grey and brown then.

lindenlea likes this.
  12. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

I'm going to ask my teenaged daughter if she knows what a MiniDisc is. Bet she doesn't!

I used to get a few MiniDisc recordings sent in when I was an examiner but they tailed off to nil in recent years. I used to use them in theatres for sound effects as it was so easy to find and control.

I'd completely forgotten they existed until I wrote my earlier post.

13. Flere-Imsaho

I found my player a while back and I couldn't get over how clunky it felt compared to how sleek and modern I thought it was when I first got it.

14. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

It's amazing how quickly things got very small, isn't it!

15. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

Soft grey

lindenlea likes this.
  16. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

17. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

i like taupe.
    3639564067 of my eyeshadow palettes look like that paint chart :D

18. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

"What is Sonos?

Sonos is the smart speaker system that streams all your favourite music to any room, or every room. Control your music with one simple app, and fill your home with pure, immersive sound."

Ooooh - am i up to that!

19. FritzGrade

FritzGrade Senior commenter

Why not traditional and do the emulsion first?

20. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

It never ceases to amaze me how little most women use make up to attract men and how much those who obtain a reputation of being slappers understand about the precise choice of colours required to tempt a man into entering the boudoir. The red in your avatar, emily, works well for the lips and fingernails.