1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

we're going on a bear hunt - literacy ideas please

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by minilady, Jan 20, 2008.

1. mind's blank at moment - any ideas most welcome for whole class input on the above story. thinking of including dance, music etc also story retelling with actions. have got cd at school but can't remember the cntent thanks (have had quick look on resources)

2. mind's blank at moment - any ideas most welcome for whole class input on the above story. thinking of including dance, music etc also story retelling with actions. have got cd at school but can't remember the cntent thanks (have had quick look on resources)

3. Leave your email I have some stuff that may be of use as we are doing this over the next two weeks

4. thanks a lot i was really looking forward to this book but what i'm finding difficult is setting out on our literacy school format ie learning intention and thinking of appropriate whole class input. must be all this rain and darkness i can't find any inspiration!! suetozer@hotmail.co.uk thanks again

5. You have mail!

6. juliesusan, could you also send me the resources as I am planning this for next half term. Many thanks.
    jaybeebaybee@f2s.com

7. You all have mail!

8. Moisy

Moisy New commenter

Please may I have a copy too. I am doing this book all week-have some planning but would love to compare. Many thanks xx
    moira@xkell.freeserve.co.uk

9. type 'creative development, we're going on a bear hunt into google' brings up a 10 page document with ideas for activities linked to the 6 areas of learning, really helped me.

10. How generous of you, juliesusan. A HUGE thank you. These will be of great use when I plan this work. Thank you also, applecrumble, for the link. I haven't looked closely at it yet, but I'm sure that when I do it will provide loads of ideas.
    Have a great week!
    jbx

11. Juliesusan please could you also send me a copy, it would be really useful as I am doing this book for the next two weeks

Thanks
    eloiseewens@aol.com

12. All sent
    xx

13. Thankyou so much!!! very much appreciated!

14. I did an assembly. I got the children to read parts of the story so i read the main parts and they did the repetative language. We recorded the story on a tape played it and then we acted it out to the story. This was a weeks worth but it was fabulous to do a purely speaking and literacy focus on stories.

15. Please could I have a copy? We are doing it next week! Have got the book and DVD and a movement lesson sorted but not much else in the way of ideas! Thanks in advance.
    gill_downunder@hotmail.com

16. may I also have a copy, i'm doing this book for the next two weeks, done some planning but any other ideas would be great! mount_girl@hotmail.co.uk
    thanks in advance

17. I would love a copy too, also doing this book next half term. Have found some resources on Literacy Matters website, but more would be fab!
    xx