1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

WELSH SONGS

Discussion in 'Cymru - education news' started by kirstylouiselewis, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Hi, does anyone know some nice simple Welsh language songs to teach the days of the week, months of the year, or any other songs to promote the learning of Welsh as a second language, for the foundation phase? Thanks

Kirsty :)

2. hi,
    If you scroll down to the end of this document there are some Welsh songs for the foundation phase. Not particularly for the days and months but lots of other things there.

http://foundationphase.powys.gov.uk/media/docs/index.html?folder=2286

3. 2004ajd

2004ajd New commenter

Sing the days of the week to the tune of "Any Dream Will Do" don't know if that's the title but it's the one from Joseph.

Dydd Sul,

Dydd Llun,

Dydd Mawrdd,

Dydd Mercher AH AH

Dydd Iau,

Dydd Gwener AH AH

Dydd Sadwrn,

Go on try it; it does work honest!

4. Thank you both very much for replying, I will take a look at that website, and I'll try the song suggested by 2004ajd, it sounds good! Thanks again :)

5. I teach the days of the week using the theme from the Adam's family starting with dydd Sul. Click your fingers in between the words-the kids love it!

6. months to the tune of men of harlech
    ion-awr, chwefror, mawrth, ac ebrill
    mai mehefin a gorffenaf
    awst a medi
    hydref tachwedd
    rhagfyr, dauddeg mis.