1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Welsh songs/rhymes for learners please

Discussion in 'Cymru - education news' started by serenwen, Aug 17, 2007.

1. I teach Nursery and am bored of the usual simple songs that are available in Welsh. (Heno heno, Mr Hapus, Troi ein dwylo, un llaw i fynu...)
    Has anyone made up their own? Sung to well known tunes that they would like to share, suitable for under 3-5's from North Wales. Something for home time would be good and a prayer to replace Iesu Tirion which I have worn out too.
    I would be forever grateful!

2. I teach Nursery and am bored of the usual simple songs that are available in Welsh. (Heno heno, Mr Hapus, Troi ein dwylo, un llaw i fynu...)
    Has anyone made up their own? Sung to well known tunes that they would like to share, suitable for under 3-5's from North Wales. Something for home time would be good and a prayer to replace Iesu Tirion which I have worn out too.
    I would be forever grateful!

3. Just incase you come across this and are looking for suitable welsh songs I recommend this site www.ngfl-cymru.org.co.uk/songs rhymes readings. Very useful site for everything welsh.

4. I picked up (and paid for!) "Caneuon Gwerin i Blant" (folk songs for children) at the Eisteddfod last year in Glyn Ebwy, authors are Phyllis Kinney and Meredydd Evans. ISBN 0-85088-963-4. (£3-50). Start with Dau Gi Bach then Cadi Ha! There are plenty of songs for older children as well...
    Pob lwc! Good luck!