1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Welsh Language Games - Shop??

Discussion in 'Cymru - education news' started by White_Lilly2, Jan 29, 2011.

1. I live in cardiff and I was wondering if anybody knew of any welsh language shops where I can buy games and books?

2. I live in cardiff and I was wondering if anybody knew of any welsh language shops where I can buy games and books?

3. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

Oriel.... sells all sorts... off Queen Street Cardiff

4. 2004ajd

2004ajd New commenter

The indoor market in Pontypridd has a fantasic little shop for welsh resources. (prices are good)[​IMG]

5. Thank you both for your repies...I will certainly be checking out these places.[​IMG]

6. depends on what in particular you are after.

CBAC/WJEC have a shop on western Ave, Cardiff (you can also order online)
    popethyngymraeg.com may be of use.
    media resources from gwales/sain
    siop llyfrau Windsor in Penarth often has Welsh language games available

sometimes find good bits at St Fagans in the shop there (posters in particular)

If you can get to one of the big Eisteddfods (eisteddfod genedlaethol/ eisteddfod yr urdd) you will discover companies you never knew existed. I like to collect freebies to decorate the department with!

with a bit of imagination, a laminator, and borrowed resources from TES, you can make a lot of things for use in the classroom.

styles are useful as an alterative way to practise/reinforce/test vocab retention

there is much free software around to allow you to make interactive games for PCs/interactive whiteboards

7. sorry that did have much better formatting on the compose screen