1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Wellbeing and appreciaton gestures

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by scizzy_wizz, Feb 29, 2012.

1. scizzy_wizz

scizzy_wizz New commenter

Hi all
    i'm trying to look into staff wellbeing in schools and in particular in my own school - a SLD, PMLD, complex ASD school for 11 - 19 year olds
    i think we all know the benefits of staff well being but i was wondering if you could tell me about any wellbeing or appreciation gestures that you may have experienced from staff or governors - anything, no matter how little...
    for example, a friend of mine got given a votive candle (along with every member of staff in the school) and was told to light it and not to think about school until it had burnt out - a tiny gesture but he appreciated that someone had thought about his work life balance.
    any ideas greatly appreciated
    Thanks!
    Scizz

2. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

I take my salary as being given to me in appreciation for the work I have done, yes. In addition I use some of it to fund my wellbeing.... Massage anyone?>

3. kittylion

kittylion Established commenter

Scizzy_wizz I have sent you a pm