1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Well, well, well...

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by gargs, Aug 2, 2016.

1. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

Something like that, yes.

2. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

Morning all,

I stopped working from home last Friday as there is limited work for us to do. I logged on yesterday to clear my emails and even the people still working are being told to log off and return later.
    I am being a bit of a slob at the moment as I am wearing shirts for up to 3 days. The one I have on now will be worn on my shopping expedition tomorrow as when I return I have to strip off in the garage and put on a change of clothing.

Today’s job of the day:

Type up a new inventory of what is in the garage and kitchen freezers. The current list is handwritten so a word processed one will be easier to maintain.

Mrs J just lets me get on with it!

3. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

[​IMG]

4. Spiritwalkerness

Mawnin' :)

Today I may sort out the cd shelves, thin out the dvds and drink tea.

5. smurphy6

smurphy6 Senior commenter

I managed to talk to my mum and she is in the private wing of the hospital as that is where they are isolating some of the covid19 patients. She said her room is like a very posh hotel room. She is bed bound until her hip is fixed. She has NO symptoms of the virus so was shocked when they told her she was positive for it. The operation is today if they can calm her blood down (her clotting levels are all over the place) she will have an epidural for the operation as a general anesthetic is too dangerous with covid19 in her lungs plus her blood cancer. One good thing the doctor said is that the cells in her blood that fight infection (called neutrophils) have gone up from 2.1 (that was her neutrophil count when we had her cancer check up in early March) to 5.0 and the doctor told me this shows her body is fighting the covid19. At least a bit of good news with that. She is on oxygenthrough a mask.

6. Spiritwalkerness

This sounds so positive, Smurph and the fact you got to speak with your mum must have been a huge comfort.

Onward and upward - Go Team neutrophils!

7. Spiritwalkerness

We, WWWellers know there is only one thing designed specifically for neutrophil replenishing

BACON

[​IMG]

8. guinnesspuss

guinnesspuss Star commenter

I'm drooling all over my laptop. :)

9. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

Inventory completed and very satisfying it was too. Nicely typed up and now easy to maintain.

I found 5 packs of bacon on different shelves.

I found a double chocolate Magnum so I will save that for later.

Mrs J was laughing at me for what I was doing . As she did Simon Mayo on Scala Radio read out an email from someone who was doing a freezer inventory as well. Ha - vindicated!

10. guinnesspuss

Is that a tiny corner of 'twmnbn' I see peeking out?

*'that which must not be named'

11. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

Oh, I’ve got some bacon in the fridge. I could have that for lunch.

smurphy, I’m glad you could speak to your mum. That must have helped.

Jesmond, lists of food in the freezer? No, does not compute here.

12. Spiritwalkerness

Don't be riddikerus! It's a big **** of butter

13. guinnesspuss

An inventory is a list, yes?

Gp is not, I repeat, NOT a list maker. I could think of nothing worse.

14. guinnesspuss

It's good you could speak to your mum, Smurphy. You can ease a little of the tension when you can communicate.

15. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Spot on name...

16. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Actually I now want four dogs... Khorne, Tzeentch, Slaanesh and Nurgle.

Nurgle will be slobbery.

17. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Under McKissliss vs. Abbot, 1934 it is possible to apply for overruling on the ground of mental incapacity.

Poor taste in dairy products was deemed admissible by the court as an indicator of said mental incapacity.

18. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Does she leave it on anything decent?

19. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Thoughts with you...

20. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Actually it turned out it was Thursday and our bins go out on Friday... so I went out and collected the bins back in...

But tomorrow is a bank holiday so I don't know when the bins are being collected!

The neighbour also put her bins out, probably after seeing me put our bins out...