1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Well, well, well...

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by gargs, Aug 2, 2016.

1. guinnesspuss

guinnesspuss Star commenter

So, Jes, how was it? Or are you asleep already?

2. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

9.18 am to 7.20ish with no posts! What has everyone been upto?

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Rushing around and trying to retrieve disasters.
    I accidentally put my washing on a 90degree wash! :eek: :rolleyes: That programme is right next door to the 40 degree one and I was in a hurry to get it on before I went out. :rolleyes:
    D-i-l and son spent morning up at hospital as midwife worried about the size of the baby (could be a 10lber :eek:) and how long they'd leave her before getting unavoidably into C-section territory. So we took the dog, took him for a walk, but no sign of baby arriving anytime soon yet.:rolleyes: Then there were kitchen cabinets to clean . . . . .So a busy day.

4. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

At work, travelling home on the train, marking, circuit training.

Hopefully the combination of exercise and a shot of bourbon will help me sleep.

5. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

Work, elderly parent visiting, yoga.

Lots of calls, Jesmond?

6. BW12345

BW12345 Star commenter

I was 11lbs 4 oz and I'm almost normal, so no worries, Lara. Mother is 90+ so she survived!

My school is in a area with a lot of local immigrants from virus affected countries/areas, so we're expecting one case of something to close all the schools in the area any time. I went to the big supermarket last night so we have a spare month of staple supplies. Not that much, really! Neither of us is very fit. They had noticed some things selling rather a lot. (Unofficially - from a shelf-stacker working at midnight).

No floods though. But I am cross at nobody suggesting The Severn needs extra reservoirs to be built, etc. Grrr.

7. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

snigger

8. josienig

josienig Star commenter

Was in school all day but from 6pm til 12 am I was correcting stuff and organising other stuff.
    I put a wash on at 5.30 and am just after taking it out. It was a dark wash..with a sneaky white tissue :confused::(

Goodnight xx

9. BW12345

BW12345 Star commenter

Have you been peeking again?

10. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I had to read that twice.

Parents evening tonight. See you much later!

11. gargs

gargs Star commenter

Morning.
    Very wet here at the moment. Nearly payday though so there's something to look forward to.

12. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

I was asleep after a busy day.

I took about 6 calls in the morning and all went well It is easier with someone sitting next to you listening in and guiding where necessary. In the afternoon I listened in with someone. By the end of next week I should be on my own but until training is finished at the beginning of June all decisions have to be approved.

Pay day today so my bank balance is smiling.

I got up early because snow was forecast which was a waste of time as it has now changed.

Mrs J often does that - pesky tissues.

13. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

Morning

It’s very reassuring for you, Jesmond, and for anyone using that kind of service that the training is so thorough. And at least you know which days you’re working so that must be less stressful than supply.

14. Lara mfl 05

Morning all.
    More rain fiorecast. Did St Swithin's Day move? So sad for the people in the flood hit areas who've been hit sometimes twice or may be worried that having escaped recently with water levels still high the floods will move further downstream.

:( So annoying as those sneaky tissues always seem to find their way into my washes. Even re-rinsing doesn't get rid of everything either.

15. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

Morning. We have SNOW. Lots of snow and it's still snowing!

16. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Hope you are doing better... or coping... or can see a glint of light at the end of the tunnel...

Unless that glint is the torch of the Molemen King... leading you astray!

17. Lara mfl 05

Eek! :eek: Hopefully it's melted now.

18. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

No snow here... rain and now sunshine...

19. guinnesspuss

guinnesspuss Star commenter

A'ernoon. All sorts of weather here.

20. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

The snow has gone. Bright blue sky and sunshine here, now