1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Well, well, well...

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by gargs, Aug 2, 2016.

1. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

Insomnia is going to bed at 11pm and still being awake now!
    Sigh.
    :(
    #fedup

2. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

Still awake.
    #veryfedup
    :(

bevdex, lanokia, rosievoice and 6 others like this.
  3. gargs

gargs Star commenter

Woke up at 3:45 and am still awake.
    At first all I could was the occasional bird (and the background traffic hum). The first planes started going over at about 4:30. It must be awful for people who live closer to the airports. I can't imagine how they get any sleep at all.

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Just to say Sparkles & gags, you weren't alone, I was awake too. :(:(:(

I got up, made a drink & refreshed my hot water bottle, but still didn't help :rolleyes: & I decided not to fire-up technology. However at 5 sh I'd given up hope of getting to sleep :oops:. I've completely redesigned my kitchen using an online panning tool -well in my dreams :D and decided to take a look here.

5. guinnesspuss

guinnesspuss Star commenter

Me too. Three hours sleep and I'm driving to Whitby today. 2 - 3 hours each way. :confused::confused::confused: :rolleyes:

6. guinnesspuss

guinnesspuss Star commenter

Oh and ... Morning.

And read y'all later. Enjoy your days. :)

7. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

Oh dear. A poor night’s rest for many. I woke a couple of times but not for too long.

8. Corvuscorax

Corvuscorax Star commenter

o dear .:( lots of sympathy. Do you know whats causing it?

9. Corvuscorax

and you people really have to get better at throwing things at me, I didn't tidy the house at all last week.

10. gargs

gargs Star commenter

I've never really developed the cleaning habit that many people seem to have. I have to write a list of things to be cleaned otherwise I don't remember to do it. This week, the list doesn't include 'clean the windows' which is a huge bonus!

bevdex, guinnesspuss, lanokia and 6 others like this.
  11. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

Morning.

Sorry to hear from the insomniacs. I didn’t sleep too badly last night.

12. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Much sympathy Sparkles, gargs, Lara and GP.

I have to invite people over to give me an incentive to clean. We have hoovered this morning for the dog sitter.

Off to London now. Mr BS needs to check that the front door is locked..... Have a good weekend all.

13. Corvuscorax

good plan! meeting some friends tomorrow for a walk, maybe I'll invite them back for a bite to eat after

14. BW12345

BW12345 Star commenter

Hey Sparkles, gargs, Lara and GP, shall we meet at 3:30am for marshmallw toasting round a burning effigy of Gavin?

15. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

16. gargs

gargs Star commenter

Is he the patron saint of sleepless nights?

17. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

Sounds as if he could be!

18. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

She's enjoying it so far!

19. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

42 minutes into Justice League...

Oh god why

20. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

It's been a most marvellous day weatherwise. Bickerwise we are on Defcon huge - Klutz is doing my head in. The row we had about a question on House of Games was immense. The doorbell he bought me for Christmas (DON'T ask) is causing a rumpus and the plumber can't drain the heating system. He can drain all the upstairs but only one of the downstairs radiators. I'm having to sit in darkness because Klutz gets a migraine if the slightest ray of warming sunshine dares to enter through the window.