1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Well, well, well...

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by gargs, Aug 2, 2016.

1. gargs

gargs Star commenter

Evening.
    Good Omens is on BBC2 tonight. I've seen it already but I'll watch it again because it was good.

2. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

Guess what I have?

clue: look at the time of posting.

3. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Paid up membership of insomniacs anonymous? Hopefully you are back to sleep now.

Exercise worked for me again last night. My knee was a bit sore on Tuesday but it's worth pushing through that for a good night's sleep.

My week is always easier once Wednesday is done. I am looking forward to today.

4. gargs

gargs Star commenter

Morning.
    I've just seen an item about podcasts for dogs on the news. The dogs didn't seem impressed but I expect a lot of owners will be downloading it.

5. gargs

gargs Star commenter

Where would you say the line is between not sleeping well and insomnia? I rarely sleep through the night: sometimes I might wake for a few minutes (for a wee!), sometimes for a couple of hours but I tend to think of it as not sleeping well rather than insomnia.

6. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

Morning

I agree with you Gargs. I sleep well sometimes and not very well others. Last night was a wake up and toss and turn for a while night. Often, but not exclusively, better with exercise.

7. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

Morning
    lack of a full night’s sleep? Periods of wakefulness?

I’d say insomnia is long periods of wakefulness, repeated in a pattern?

I hope you got back to sleep, Jesmond.

8. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

Morning.
    Insomnia is not being able to get off to sleep and spending hours tossing and turning. :( I exercise a lot-it doesn't seem to help. I think mine is hormonal.

Off to the physiotherapist today and then we are going to the cinema.

9. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Afternoon.

Insomnia? Yes I agree it's not being able to get to sleep until the 'early hours', waking up in the 'early hours' and not being able to go to sleep again or waking up regularly every hour or so, so wakeful periods nearly match 'sleep periods'.

Had a busy afternoon. I thought I'd snagged me a bargain with a new ovenr, only to find that since Sat. the price has gone up by £120! :eek: I did ask if I could have the display model, the same one I saw on Sat. but they apparently have more stock coming, so don't need to sell off the display as that's still needed to attract customers for the new stock. :( Very disappointed. But that's a huge price increase. :rolleyes: I shall just have to keep my eyes peeled for another good offer.

10. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Our dogs listen to Radio 4 all day. They must be sick of Brexit. Poor pups!

11. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

Describe yourself in 3 words.

Bone idle.

12. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

13. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Evening... I am losing my voice.

14. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Thanks to Spirit for pushing me over 160K.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

15. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

I'm having insomnia in reverse.

16. gargs

gargs Star commenter

Just in time for the weekend. Could make tomorrow interesting though.

17. gargs

gargs Star commenter

Hello Emily.
    It's been a while! How goes it?

18. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

Hello!
    All upside down and back to front with work (normal) and between house moves (self inflicted) but basically ok

19. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

OOOh heck. Just losing it or is it sore as well?

Always a pleasure. Never a chore.

20. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

But hopefully, you'll be able to have a relaxing halfterm as you'll have done the bulk of the move...hopefully.