1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Well, well, well...

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by gargs, Aug 2, 2016.

1. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Morning insomniacs anonymous!

How are you feeling this morning Lara? I am up to row. Then we will wander down to the brewery for lunch. We won't take the dogs. It's too far for M when it's this warm.

2. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Morning!
    Park run. Don't be silly, not me...

I am about to get up and put the bedding in the wash.

3. BW12345

BW12345 Lead commenter

Hello. Zombie here. I know "just stay in bed" doesn't work, but it's easier than getting up.... zzzz

4. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

Morning.
    Sorry about the insomnia BW. I sympathise.
    I slept really well last night--unlike the previous night. Hope you can have a quiet day.

5. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

How is the job hunting going?

6. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Morning folks...

Lovely evening at Russian restaurant... breakfast feast made... and a lovely sunny day outside.

7. lilachardy

The washing is drying SO well, and so far nothing has been blown off the line!

I love getting washing dry.

8. bevdex

bevdex Star commenter

EEEEk, washing!
    Completely forgot about the load I put on this morning before walking the dogs.
    Thanks for the reminder lilac!

9. BW12345

BW12345 Lead commenter

Whirly clothes lines are great, but I'm waiting for a solar powered rotation device to appear on Dragon's Den...

10. lilachardy

My line just goes in two straight lines across the garden.
    The prevailing wind from the Atlantic goes in the other direction.

11. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

We had a lovely lunch in the sunshine. Moneypenny came too but we left the boys to keep each other company. There is a wash on the line and some sourdough having a final prove before going into the oven.

We will take all of the dogs out for a longer walk when it is cooler this evening.

12. Corvuscorax

Corvuscorax Senior commenter

I'd like to tell you all something interesting but I can't think of anything

13. Corvuscorax

I will be making and serving breakfast at a soup kitchen tomorrow. Thats quite interesting. Like to guess how many we will serve? I don't know. I won't know until tomorrow when I finish

14. Corvuscorax

How many people without breakfast will wake up in our area of London tomorrow within walking distance of our soup kitchen. It will be rough sleepers. People under roofs don't come to soup kitchen breakfasts, as a rule

15. Corvuscorax

Is that the right plural of roof?

16. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

Roofs is correct with roves being the outdated, no longer used version.

My friend and I enjoyed the Downton Abbey film. Setting and costumes fantastic, of course, with enough story development to keep it interesting.

17. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

Sp: rooves being the outdated version

18. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Well parents are off ... so back to the two of us.

Lovely to see them.

19. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Better thanks Bombay. It does seem to be one of those 'summer colds; and I've found I'm better out in the open air and sunshine, so I've been alternating gardening with sitting in a lounger reading. :D

Me too.
    I actually have 3 lines going from tree to tree in a sort of triangle, so can make the most of prevailing wind direction and currently have 2 lines of well dried washing.
    EDIT Well I did have when I wrote this, but somehow don't seem to have posted. I remember restarting the laptp, as my mouse was having a mind of it's own again and obviously forgot to post. :oops: :rolleyes:

20. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

My washing line closes and turns into a column on the wall. When you pull it out, it’s like a static whirly. Love that it’s not stuck in the garden permanently.