1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Well, well, well...

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by gargs, Aug 2, 2016.

1. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

Morning. Re headaches, more than the odd one, I would have thought, Gargs.
    . Do you get headaches after giving blood?
    Not much planned for today.

2. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

Morning

As a migraine sufferer (although not much as I’ve got older), I would say more than once a month for serious migraine type headaches. More than once a week for less serious headaches would be a lot, I would say. Anything unusual for you might need a discussion.

The fresh air and exercise yesterday meant I had the best night’s sleep for a while.

3. A_Million_Posts

A_Million_Posts Star commenter

The birds he brings in are for you. He knows you are incapable of catching your own food.

4. A_Million_Posts

Halloumi burgers.
    Soup.
    Risotto with peas and asparagus.

5. A_Million_Posts

Every week?

6. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

:eek:

I agree with others, more than once a week would probably count as a lot. My mother used to suffer with migraines and when I found a diary after clearing her things to go into care I found that in one entire year she had less than 10 days without a migraine or headache. :eek: Now that's definitely a lot!

I always have a lightweight coat with hood for such days. When I lived on the coast at school the weather always changed with the tide, so it was a necessity and one I've continued since.

7. Sundaytrekker

Interesting about your mum’s migraine, Lara. My mum suffered very frequently too. Any link with the dementia problems later, I wonder?

8. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I have no 'real evidence', but I'm convinced her migraines, which were hemiplegic i e mimicking a stroke by giving her unilateral paralysis, were instrumental, in what I became increasingly more convinced, was 'vascular dementia' rather than true Alzheimers. I also wondered if some of those 'migraines' were in fact mini-strokes which over the years just affected her brain abilities..

9. Sundaytrekker

That makes sense to me, too, Lara.

10. guinnesspuss

guinnesspuss Star commenter

Sounds a sensible assumption to me.

11. guinnesspuss

There was an atricle in the birding magazine by a guy who wants to eradicate all cats or (he makes a small compromise) at least make owners keep them in.

12. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

That was a commiserilike Lara. Your poor Mum.

It's damp and chilly today. I didn't get too wet rowing but did when waiting to help others off. I have showered and am now a bit cool. I am back in my woolly slippers!

13. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

He's been around MrsLan too much.

14. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

We did attach a collar with a bell on it... twice..

Both times he managed to get the collar off somehow.

He use to be an indoors cat... and he played with us a lot more... now he's outdoors and burns it all off out there.

15. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

My gran died from vascular dementia.

My sympathies go to everyone who experiences this...

16. A_Million_Posts

Cats don't have a detrimental effect on bird populations. They catch weaker birds, yes, but most of these would die anyway due to other causes.

17. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

According to this windows are the bigger killer
    [​IMG]

18. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

We had halloumi and mushroom burgers last night... big field mushroom in the oven for 20 mins, then fry the halloumi... pop all that in a bun slavered in tzatziki and boom... yummdiddlyuptiousness.

19. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Got myself a Costa flat white this morning as a treat.

Tasted of blue cheese... the milk had gone off.

Teach me for thinking a milk drink was a treat.

20. guinnesspuss

Mmmmmm ... blue cheese.

*ducks

Actually sounds gross.