1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Well, well, well...

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by gargs, Aug 2, 2016.

1. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Always for me, at the moment!

I need to find something for at least one day...

2. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Morning.

Wowza. You do pony pat in posh places. Beautiful!

I will keep quiet about my 9 days. I feel as if I have so much to do though. Guest coming tomorrow, pub and club crew still to train, tea party for the old folks next Sunday, planning to do for next Monday, report deadline when we are back, TES meet on Thursday........ and breathe........

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Just 'popping' quickly, even 'liking' takes ages to load :rolleyes: and takes several tries at clicking.

Enjoy time off everyone who has some. Your 'time' sounds quite exhausting Bombay. ;)

We've 'drain problems to sort this morning. Finding the inspection pit, which had a temporary coblock coevr 40 years ago will need some serious drilling to remove and then we need to see exactly where the blockage is. :rolleyes::(

4. bombaysapphire

Good luck with finding your inspection pit Lara. So far this morning I have walked the dogs, sorted the contents of the airing cupboard and I am in the process of flaming an aubergine over a gas ring to make baba ganoush. I should just manage to finish that in time to head down and row.

5. dunnocks

dunnocks Star commenter

and I am just getting around to thinking about getting out of bed, but only to make a cup of tea!

6. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Was this suitably developing?

7. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Post cake to Lan

8. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

:(

9. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

I'm finding the internet in general slow but that's because we've switched to Now tv from Plusnet and it isn't anywhere near as fast.

10. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

Morning all. Happy half term/ Bank Holiday weekend to you all.

11. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Wish MrsLan thought like this... we've lived here three years and now she wants a bathtub. I don't. I don't think we have space for one. But...

... she wants one.

12. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Well so far I've had a haircut, had the car washed, topped up the washer fluid and tried to workout how to put the spare tire/jack back together in the boot [still a left over job from Easter when I had my flat].

Cannot work that bit out at all.

13. ATfan

ATfan Star commenter

I know the feeling well from when it was due to my stress related illness back in 2011 and now because of flare ups. The only thing which seems to help is surfing on here or audio books when that happens.

14. ATfan

ATfan Star commenter

Same to you. My back pain says hi too

15. ATfan

ATfan Star commenter

So after being told by my new dentist that I don’t brush my teeth properly, I’ve been following the instructions of a hygienist on how to brush differently and have still got staining on some of my teeth (although they are still looking a lot better and I have kept the gaps plaque free as far as I can tell). So I’ve just bought a water flosser (which includes a plaque seeking head). If he still says I’m not cleaning my teeth properly when I next see him, I shall clobber him with it!

16. bombaysapphire

I have been using my interdental brushes after seeing the hygienist and my gums feel better for it.

We had a very good speaker. It was just for an hour or so. Thought provoking and entertaining. Reviewing development plans was less fun but necessary I guess.

17. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

My son wanted a bath as well as a shower when they refitted the bathroom, mainly because they have a young son. His wife was convinced they couldn't fit in a shower as well as a bath, but cleverly by replacing the door with a 'pocket door' , getting a 1500 bath and one of those combined toilet/washbasins which use less space
    this one
    [​IMG]is only 1300 wide and this one even smaller 1030
    [​IMG]
    for example, they've manged it

18. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

Mr ST likes baths so he uses the main bathroom. I like showers mostly so I use our en suite shower room. Works for us

19. ATfan

ATfan Star commenter

My gaps are too small, so I can't use those but my mum does. I use oral B dental tape twice a day instead. It's good but sometimes bits break off and get caught in the gaps which is extremely annoying! Glad that the speaker was useful!

20. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

The dental hygienist told me the dentist was stupid for suggesting I'd get interdental brushes between my teeth - and that I'd be lucky to get floss between some of them.
    He's not wrong...

Anyway. Today has been a worky day. Houseworky then garden worky. Lots of cleaning of all the different floors, and lots of planting of plants bought last weekend or given to us. And I've just done the ironingworky so now I'm having a sit down.

I seem to have burnt my finger. It looks like that and feels like that but I don't see how I can have burnt it!