1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Well, well, well...

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by gargs, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Over_the_hill

Over_the_hill Star commenter

Poor you Dunnocks. My alarm will be going off in 9 minutes....

2. dunnocks

dunnocks Star commenter

3. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

I need to get ready to leave. That first day of term feeling never goes....

4. gargs

gargs Star commenter

Is that including half terms or just 'big' terms?

5. gargs

gargs Star commenter

Morning.
    Chilly start but will warm up according to Carol. I may risk leaving the coat behind today as it sounds like I'll just end up carrying it.

6. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

It's not chilly enough here for the heating to have come on.
    I'll get up when EM gets home...

7. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

Morning. Good luck Dunnocks. Try and enjoy your last ever term.

8. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I think Dunnocks has 44 more terms Sparkles. That's about the same as me.

Dunnocks - you need some help with that insomnia. Good luck today and here's hoping for a better night's sleep tonight.

I am pleased to see it a bit cooler today. The dogs and I will have a lovely long mooch this morning. Rain is forecast for the rest of the week so we need to make the most of it.

9. lilachardy

For those of you who have retired or otherwise left teaching, how long does it take for the back-to-school dreams to stop?

10. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Morning all.

Not god news about that sleeplessness dunnocks.
    Could it be menopausal too or is it way past that?

AS to
    Hmm, well for the first year I was well aware of my 'sudden departure', I knew I wouldn't be going in to school and I did 'mourn', but now it's just over 2 years I can say that I'm now no longer acutely aware and am even grateful I no longer have to tussle with the ever-increasing behaviour problems in school which I hear of from other members of the family.

Just come in from doing a bit in the garden, but filling and emptying 2 barrowfuls of soil to fill in the pond has earned me a cuppa and a rest. :)

11. lilachardy

I too am at the second-cup-of-tea stage. I've cleared up the kitchen (don't know why I hadn't done it last night) and put the dishwasher on, and planted my sweet peas. The window cleaner is here now so I'm staying in until he's gone. It's too awkward to work around him and it only takes a few minutes.

12. bombaysapphire

Afterwards. My lunch was delicious. Cheeses from the market on Sunday, salad, roasted tomatoes, lentils, avocado and baba ganoush. I hope dinner is as good. I have goat shanks in the slow cooker, jacket potatoes in the oven and I have made the base of a rhubarb crumble.

13. lilachardy

That sounds like a winter tea, BS.

14. bombaysapphire

It does a bit. Never mind. Storms and rain are coming tomorrow!

15. lilachardy

I've made dhal and saag panner. I was going to make a rice dish (biryani?) but not sure I can be bothered. Steamed rice would be fine, I reckon.
    Or chapatti...?

16. sparklepig2002

17. sparklepig2002

I haven't had any!

18. bombaysapphire

I love a bit of plain rice myself. Jealous of your saag paneer. Yum!

I have finished cleaning outside windows at the back and had a go at the front door with brush, cloth and window cloth. That looks better.

19. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

Afternoon

Back to Zumba etc today.
    Ironing done

Not a lot else!

20. marymoocow

marymoocow Star commenter

I think it depends on your state of mind and feelings about teaching when you leave. Mine was traumatic and I didnt want to set foot in a school again. I also had a new completely different job. For me it was about a year. I still have occasional ones, but generally not nightmares anymore. I still feel the stress during the weeks before the start of the new school year though, when I see teachers setting up their classrooms for the new year. Nearly 5 years on though, I am more thankful I dont have to work in my holidays and dont have a stressful job.