1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Well, well, well...

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by gargs, Aug 2, 2016.

1. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

Morning/afternoon.

Walk along the beach and coffee at The Lobster Pot this morning
    A bit of fettling this afternoon, but not much.

OTH, I think spiders probably do both of those things of which you spoke. :D

2. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

3. dunnocks

dunnocks Star commenter

Hi @gargs, no not really, just been posting and tidying, tidying and posting all day..... sooner or later I guess I had better take a quick look at what I'm teaching tomorrow too...

4. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

You don’t want to spoil a bank holiday by doing that, dunnocks.;)

We’ve done some shed and garage clearing. Progress has been made.

5. Over_the_hill

Over_the_hill Star commenter

Books are finally marked and the sun has just gone in. The holidays are officially over.
    Son wanted a break from revision so I took him to KFC (I did cook at lunchtime I might add). They got his order wrong and said ‘well you might as well keep the wrong one as it will only go in the bin.’ We gave it to the homeless man who lives in the village. He was really grateful. I feel guilty now for not helping more often.

6. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

Well done-a kind gesture.
    We have a lot of homeless in the town centre. It's impossible to help them all, if I pass one I will ask them their name and if they want anything to eat or drink. We have a very good group here, who look out for our homeless friends. They have issued a list of things to buy for them-in this hot weather they suggest sun cream, hand held fans and spare batteries, umbrellas so they can shade themselves, wet wipes,sun hat and cheap sunglasses, and bottles of water. Fresh socks are always gratefully received too .

7. lilachardy

Did anyone watch the programmes about 60 days on the streets?

8. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

That's good. That's our 'next challenge' to really get to the grips with the in-laws house.

9. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I didn't. Which channel was it on?

10. lilachardy

Channel 4 I think. It was VERY interesting. He put on weight due to the amount of food given to him.
    Worth looking up if you're interested.

11. Over_the_hill

Over_the_hill Star commenter

I will definitely watch it. The man in our village looks very thin and ill. He looks like he’s given up which is so sad.

12. bombaysapphire

I have found it and downloaded it. I will watch tomorrow.

13. bombaysapphire

I have heat rash :mad:

I love the sunshine but my skin is less of a fan.

14. lilachardy

What shall I do tomorrow?
    Cook?

15. lilachardy

My skin is just too rubbish to go in the sun unprotected for more than about 5 minutes.

16. Lara mfl 05

I consider myself fortunate to have a good tolerance to the sun and even though gardening yesterday my skin was a little red with the sun, there's no real problems with soreness or discomfort, just starting off my summer tan. ;)

17. lilachardy

I sat in the garden for exactly 6 minutes yesterday morning (don't ask...), and my arms were red to the point of being slightly sore to the touch. It had faded by this morning.

18. Lara mfl 05

Eek! :eek: Poor you. It's all to do with genes and it's the luck of the draw with your skin. My father always looked slightly foreign as he had a year round tan which he just built up over years and I seem to have similar.

19. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

Although we’re not used to these temperatures in April very often the sun is as strong as in August. Definitely need the sunscreen. I usually tan fairly easily but prefer to avoid too much sun these days.

20. lilachardy

Factor 50 is available easily enough!