1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Well, well, well...

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by gargs, Aug 2, 2016.

1. A_Million_Posts

A_Million_Posts Star commenter

I have made some terrible substances simply trying to melt chocolate. There's also an ongoing fight in our house about whether chocolate crispies are just melted chocolate or if you do a cocoa, butter and syrup mix.

2. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

LOL... made me smile.

It was perfectly decent... but mostly character driven and ... I like ideas. Needed more sci-fi.

3. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Oh yes...

So I turned the wifi off on my phone yesterday to save power and didn't turn it back on when we got home. As a result we missed a message from daughter. 9pm yesterday, knock at the door... it's her and boyfriend!

So we now have two whole days with her... lovely. Barbecue today! On my freshly cut lawn [ignoring the patches from me weeding the dandelions]

4. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Durty Bastids.

5. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

They may do unmentionable hi gs at any time of day or night, but you notice it more during the day. :)

Happy Easter one and all.

6. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Happy Easter. Sympathies to all affected in Sri Lanka. Horrible :(

We have walked into town and bought yummy cheese from the market. It was beautiful walking down across the fields.

Plans for the afternoon include a little gardening, a walk over to the old folks home and making chicken curry.

7. Alceanne1

Alceanne1 Senior commenter

Bicarbonate keeps my ants out. I have ants at one kitchen door and slugs at the other. So there is a mountain of bicarbonate under one doormat and salt under the other.

Once went down in the night to discover 3 huge slugs parading around the cooker. How they fit through the door is a mystery, as there don’t seem to be any gaps.

8. Alceanne1

Alceanne1 Senior commenter

It’s ages since I made Krispy cakes. Might do so, I always liked them. Either melted choc or the syrup and cocoa mix works equally well. The syrup mix doesn’t melt again quite so easily once it is hardened which is good because they don’t melt in your fingers!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  9. Over_the_hill

Over_the_hill Star commenter

Re spiders doing unmentionable things at night, do you mean doing their toilet business or getting jiggy? :rolleyes:
    Update: I still haven’t marked the books, they remain untouched. I had a second glass of wine and a doze on my sunlounger instead.

10. A_Million_Posts

A_Million_Posts Star commenter

In that case, I shall recommend Gnomon, which is Nick Harkaway, and so full of ideas (and big words) that it's doing my head in. Not strictly Sci-fi but near future, speculative fiction (I think. I might be missing something.)

11. gargs

gargs Star commenter

Morning.
    I'm already too hot.
    *grumble grumble*

12. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

Morning.

I’m not going to grumble. It’s getting cooler from tomorrow.

I’d like to go out but we’ve jobs to do at home that have already been put off too long.

13. Over_the_hill

Over_the_hill Star commenter

I’ve just finished the ironing, now going to do a bit of school work. It’s still very hazy here so I’m not missing out on any sun yet!

14. gargs

gargs Star commenter

Family arriving in three hours...
    Tidying up required. Tea first though :)

15. gargs

gargs Star commenter

Tidying nearly finished. Time for a quick tea-break and some chocolate :D

16. dunnocks

dunnocks Star commenter

good morning @gargs
    I'm just about to start tidying

17. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

18. gargs

gargs Star commenter

Morning dunnocks.
    Hope you have something more fun on the agenda as well.

19. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

I've made bread, soup and summer pudding. I'm going to see Stan and Ollie this afternoon. It seems to have had good reviews, so I am looking forward to it. I hope everyone is enjoying their day.

20. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

1. I'll try bicarb if I don't win the fight. It's not so warm today so I seem to be winning for now.
    2. I've potted on my tomato seedlings
    3. I've potted out the strawberries
    4. I'm home!
    5. Not in that order.
    6. Who was it, posts ago, two years in fact, that suggested I got back in touch with someone from years ago?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019