1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Well, well, well...

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by gargs, Aug 2, 2016.

1. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

The five hour drive from Devon to home pushed my eyes to the limit.

Really wish MrsLan was comfy with driving on these long distance trips sometimes.

2. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Waitrose will be most insulted to be mixed up with Tesco!

Still... better than Asda.

3. ATfan

ATfan Star commenter

Don't see why not. My nephews used to bake with my mum all the time when they were 3 years old. She obviously did the stuff that they couldn't do.

4. ATfan

ATfan Star commenter

White vinegar and water combined?

5. ATfan

ATfan Star commenter

6. ATfan

ATfan Star commenter

Anyway, what another lovely day it is! This is the type of summer weather I would be happy with! Hot but not headachingly so, thanks to the nice breeze and no gnats, flies, bees and wasps to bother me, especially at night! Best of all, the temperature drops again, so I can sleep! In my perfect world, this would be what summer weather would be like and I would therefore like it! Of course, this is not reality and this most recent mini heat wave has reminded me of why I hate summer and that it's on its way! LOL!

Hope that you've all enjoyed the day!

7. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

Yes, I agree that the weather has been ideal today. We did that thing where you dress for the time of year and take jumpers and jackets ‘in case’ to find that it really was like a summer’s day out there and we walked around in shirt sleeves. We visited a National Trust property which was interesting and busy but not uncomfortably so. I hope you’ve enjoyed the day.

8. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Very 'British' thing isn't it ;), as we know the weather can change from morning to afternoon. I was overdressed earlier and ended up in a very pretty vest top, as my tee shirts are still boxed up for the winter. :rolleyes:

9. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

Neither am I

10. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I would agree. Last summer I could only walk the dogs before 7am. In the evenings it was still too hot past 10pm. This evening we took them out at 7ish and it was perfect. Warm enough for short sleeves but comfortable.

Today has been fab. Beautiful row in the sunshine. Lunch outside in town. It was then relatively cool in the house this afternoon and I enjoyed Mary Poppins Returns.

11. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

12. Over_the_hill

Over_the_hill Star commenter

Morning!
    I’m going to walk to my mum’s house (it says it’s 7.5km) then go to Church with her and she will drive me home. I still have the set of books in my lounge which need marking and have not been touched in 2 weeks. So I think sunbathe this afternoon and mark this evening. Have a lovely day everyone! xx

13. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

Morning and happy Easter.

I have Easter lunch to cook for the family.

14. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

I like cooking that sort of meal.

I'm tempted to make pancakes for breakfast. Blueberry and...? Lemon? Raspberry?

Actual blueberries and some sort of sauce I suppose.

15. dunnocks

dunnocks Star commenter

Happy Easter everybody

16. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

Good morning. Happy Easter.

17. gargs

gargs Star commenter

Happy Easter.

Thinking of those in Sri Lanka and other places where practising your faith can be dangerous.

18. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Happy Easter morning all. We had a sunrise Easter service with breakfast afterwards. 60 ish at the actual service but thankfully not all came to the breakfast as it took long enough clearing up after 30+! ;) We now have quite a few loaf remnants and hot cross buns to freeze.

Indeed practicing one's religion, whatever that religion may be, is often dangerous. Some countries still have 'underground churches' where they can't meet openly & people live in fear of being put in prison or persecuted.

19. A_Million_Posts

A_Million_Posts Star commenter

I liked the second one in the series better but didn't want to say while you were still reading it!

20. A_Million_Posts

A_Million_Posts Star commenter

Do spiders only do unmentionable things in the dark?