1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Well, well, well...

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by gargs, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

Decisions, decisions!
    :confused:

gargs, Spiritwalkerness and GLsghost like this.
  2. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

So you people are the reason I have been seeing month-old newbies promoted to Star commenter. Congratulations on ******* up any sense of peer regard in this community.

bevdex, gargs, GLsghost and 1 other person like this.
  3. cosmosinfrance

cosmosinfrance Star commenter

There's plenty of peer regard in this community Vince. That's why we 'like' each other.

See, I've even given you a 'like' on the grounds that you are entitled to express an opinion even though it's a rubbish opinion and you're not supposed to try and circumnavigate the swear filter :)

peapicker, bevdex, gargs and 5 others like this.
  4. Vince_Ulam

I have not tried to circumvent the swear filter because in this case swearing was merited. These threads have not been about legitimate peer regard, they have been about posting as quickly as possible to get as many Likes as possible. I am sorry you do not like my opinion but if people have noting to discuss on a particular discussion forum then they should go and find one more suited to their tastes rather than spamming it and wrecking the peer regard system.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    gargs, GLsghost and Flere-Imsaho like this.
  5. cosmosinfrance

Which month old newbie have you seen promoted to star and why does it worry you? You're a star - nobody has taken anything from you. You need to chill, man.

Oh, yes, thank you....I meant circumvent ;)

6. Vince_Ulam

I am not going to name people but it concerns me in the same way that people routinely and maliciously hitting the Report button out of spite concerns me and also that use of multiple identities concerns me.

I had not realised my substitution.

7. cosmosinfrance

Hardly in the same league, surely. A completely innocent thread was locked. It was a bit of harmless fun - I sincerely hope no one felt it necessary to hit the report button for it. That would be too mean for words.

Are we now getting to the stage where we can't like anyone's posts for fear of promoting them to a higher category?

Anyway, people like Flere, lanokia, Motherof chikkins, gargs et al are long standing posters - hardly newbies.

I'll give you a 'like' on the grounds that you are a star commenter and can't go any higher!

8. Vince_Ulam

You can call it that but other people might say that the accrual of something like twenty thousand Likes per contributor over the course of two months via a single thread was ridiculous and taking the **** out of everyone else who considers the Like system a legitimate way to express appreciation and respect for another person's position.

gargs and Flere-Imsaho like this.
  9. cosmosinfrance

Ah, I see the mistake you're making. You think the likes actually mean something. Come on Vince, it's not as though there are prizes at stake here. It affects no one. People aren't rated by the number of likes they have, are they? No. Save your indignation for something more important.

*wanders off idly wondering what a TES prize would look like and how to get 20,000 likes in the next two months*

10. cosmosinfrance

PS...I've given you two likes - your turn to give me one ;)

11. Flere-Imsaho

The moderators have made a decision and asked that people not start threads to abuse the "like" system. I don't think it needs discussion and nor is it a reason to decide that some posters have "nothing to discuss" and suggest they don't post.

I'm happy chatting to other posters here who like a fast flowing bit of nonsense. I shall continue to post (and, as appropriate, like) accordingly.

12. Flere-Imsaho

I'm sure as a cook, Cosmos will sympathise with my recent stupidity which was to go to the shop to buy ingredients for chilli and completely forget to pick up avocados or sour cream to go with it!
    :oops:

gargs and Spiritwalkerness like this.
  13. Flere-Imsaho

So I shall need to pop out later again and I think I'll also have a wander through the woods as it is a nice day. I may attempt to post a picture again.

14. Vince_Ulam

If Likes mean nothing to you & ro the other participants on the beg-thread then it's a surprise that so many people spent so long on it and are now dismayed at its closure, but were what you say true then you are telling me:
    • That I along with anyone else who has ever Liked any of your posts were fools to consider your views of any value.
    • That you have no respect for our opinions expressed by hitting Like.
    • That your opinion expressed when you hit Like has zero value.

Speaking personally, I have appreciated much of your content up to this point, especially when I have hit Like.

gargs, GLsghost and Flere-Imsaho like this.
  15. Flere-Imsaho

Right.

gargs likes this.
  16. Flere-Imsaho

Arrgh! It's the right way around when I copy it!

gargs likes this.
  17. Flere-Imsaho

Oh, it hasn't posted except as an annoying box.

gargs likes this.
  18. Flere-Imsaho

That is quite annoying. I'm sure the other pictures posted fine.

gargs likes this.
  19. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

4 posts from Flere and I dunno what she's on about.

20. Flere-Imsaho

No changes there, eh?
    I was trying to post a picture of my woodland walk but TES doesn't like it at all.