1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Well, well, well...

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by gargs, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Motherofchikkins

Motherofchikkins Star commenter

I know. I can rarely find a thread on Personal to respond to.

rosievoice, lanokia, gargs and 4 others like this.
  2. Motherofchikkins

Ahh! Great minds lanokia.

I'm going to like your post!

dunnocks, rosievoice, lanokia and 6 others like this.
  3. Motherofchikkins

I'm too angry too continue

rosievoice, lanokia, gargs and 5 others like this.
  4. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

Is this what I think it is? Has Entertainment lost its High Jinks licence?

5. Motherofchikkins

Yes our thread has been locked. We are abusing the 'like' system. Apparently.

It's not as if the 'likes' system has any real value in real life. It's not as if any of us were going to get to a million likes anytime soon and get a bar of chocolate or summat. Am incoherent with rage.

:mad::mad::mad:

6. gargs

gargs Star commenter

This.

7. gargs

gargs Star commenter

You agree to not use the Services to:

• upload, post, email, PM (personal message) or otherwise transmit any User-Uploaded Content that:
      • you do not have a right to transmit or that infringes the intellectual property rights of any party;
      • you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as insider information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
      • is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise discriminatory;
      • amounts to unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or prohibited marketing content including (but not limited to) illicit marketing to children; and/or
      • contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs that (i) interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or (ii) negatively affect a user's ability to access and use the Services;
    • impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a TES Global staff member, a forum leader, guide or host, or misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
    • forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any User-Uploaded Content transmitted through the Services;
    • harm or attempt to harm minors in any way;
    • intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable law or regulation;
    • collect or store personal data about other users;
    • use data mining, robot, spider, scraping or similar automated data gathering, extraction or publication tools for any purpose;
    • post content which refers to individual schools, colleges or agencies - or their staff - whether by name, or identifiable by a pseudonym or any other means;
    • advertise any job vacancies in any area of our forums (other than through a Website which is clearly designated as a recruitment service); and/or
    • breach any license you have been granted to make use of any User-Uploaded Content.

So, which ones was it?

8. gargs

gargs Star commenter

I'm going away for a couple of days - don't know whether there'll be any internet.
    If not - see you on Friday!

9. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

We broke them all!

Sinners sinners!!!!

[​IMG]

10. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

And the thing is actually trying to post enough to get that many likes... that isn't easy... that requires commitment [or the user being committed] ... to using TES... which surely is the point? Don't they want people using their website?

11. cosmosinfrance

cosmosinfrance Star commenter

I don't post on entertainment, other than the pets' thread (brilliant thread by the way - @lanokia, I'm surprised Nazicat hasn't made an appearance ) but I am very cross on your behalf. What a piece of nonsense.

12. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

I think if we really did all wholeheartedly swap to the Cafe some posters there would be annoyed at the speed of the posting. I'm not sure if TES have burst the bubble or if we can continue a "like only what you like as per the rules" version but I will try to pop into the cafe more often either way:).

13. WeeScabbyDug

WeeScabbyDug Senior commenter

Aye. Tis. Ah've likit heaps o' posts oan thi pet thred, an' thi mods (*hawks'n'spits* ) nivver sed nuffin'.

Ah'n whin we aw went nuTes ah loast aw my posts an' ah've loast likes, sae itz jist aw stupit oanyways.

14. Motherofchikkins

I don't know. I am still waiting for the mods to respond to my PM and hopefully they can clarify.

15. cosmosinfrance

cosmosinfrance Star commenter

Bite they ankils. Killer xxx

16. Motherofchikkins

There is still a 'Billions' thread!

rosievoice, lanokia, gargs and 6 others like this.
  17. Flere-Imsaho

Which part of Glasgow are you from Wee Scabby?

18. Flere-Imsaho

Tee hee hee.

19. Flere-Imsaho

Good luck with that!

20. WeeScabbyDug

WeeScabbyDug Senior commenter

Ah wull. An'll ah'll nae stoap at therr ankels.

Grrrrr.

rosievoice, lanokia, bevdex and 8 others like this.