1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Well, there's a plus

Discussion in 'Personal' started by modelmaker, Aug 6, 2011.

1. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

We have a teracoota wine rack thing in our kitchen. To be honest, it's a pain in the butt, It's situated beneath a breakfast table thing that's been built in, and altgough it provides somewhere to house 9 botltles of wine, It isn't as accessiblea it ought to be. It was probablyan ill-thought outidea someone had when they designed the kitchen. The problem we've discovered with it is there is nothing to prevent the bottles falling down the back if the are pushed in too far.
    Having been alerted by mre modelmaker she'd lost a bottle in this manner during the week, I had a go at fishing it out, which I was successful at, along with another three, and the last knockings of a bottle of Warninks advocart which looks way past it's best.
    The wine I've retrieved is dated mostly before we lived here, and is thankfullty is red and in sealed bottles so I have to thank the previous occupiers of this house for their generousity.
    Cheers. whoever you are. Your wine has improved.

2. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

We have a teracoota wine rack thing in our kitchen. To be honest, it's a pain in the butt, It's situated beneath a breakfast table thing that's been built in, and altgough it provides somewhere to house 9 botltles of wine, It isn't as accessiblea it ought to be. It was probablyan ill-thought outidea someone had when they designed the kitchen. The problem we've discovered with it is there is nothing to prevent the bottles falling down the back if the are pushed in too far.
    Having been alerted by mre modelmaker she'd lost a bottle in this manner during the week, I had a go at fishing it out, which I was successful at, along with another three, and the last knockings of a bottle of Warninks advocart which looks way past it's best.
    The wine I've retrieved is dated mostly before we lived here, and is thankfullty is red and in sealed bottles so I have to thank the previous occupiers of this house for their generousity.
    Cheers. whoever you are. Your wine has improved.

3. Every cloud etc etc!

4. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Cheers!

5. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Any vintage worth thousands?

6. Henriettawasp

Henriettawasp New commenter

Probably too late to be asking this now...

7. polly.glot

polly.glot New commenter

tee hee