1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Well I love this new vacuum cleaner..

Discussion in 'Personal' started by NellyFUF, Apr 20, 2012.

1. NellyFUF

NellyFUF Lead commenter

After 24 years I have had to buy a replacement vac.
    This Miele cat and dog hoover for £139 is so powerful that initially I was not able to use it (due to my weakened condition post illness) because it stuck to the floor and lifted up the whole rug.
    Wow.
    I have now hoovered 3 stairs. No point overdoing things.

2. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

I have one too, my fave vacuum to date. Except mine cost £239. Was I ripped off or were you not listening when you bought it?

3. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

I've got one but I can't use it, hurts my back too much, anyway hoovering is man's work, the Miéle proves it!!

4. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

duplicate post

5. NellyFUF

NellyFUF Lead commenter

I bought it from Amazon.
    It is much lighter than my old Aquavac which is still sucking like a tornado but alas smells of burning and is making strange noises. Had that one 20 plus years.
    I can rest it neatly on a stair and then hoover - but not too much. No point overdoing things.
    I like a vac. that can suck in batteries and kittens. No point hoovering and not seeing any difference.
    Mr N. is given to the purchase of cheap vacuum cleaners or bargains as he calls them. They just blow you know. They blow the dust around.
    It is such a shame the cats and dogs will not keep still - because then I could just vac them and forget the floor thing. My grandson lets me vacuum him, on his arms and legs. He quite likes it. There is a special setting on the new vac. for hoovering small children, it has a baby symbol on it.
    I made that up.

6. dozymare1957

dozymare1957 Occasional commenter

Surely you should be Miele-ing the stairs not Hoovering them? My Mum used to Electrolux!
    Is there a teenager setting too?
    What about one to suck up a husband prior to dumping him in the wheelie bin?

7. You and NellyFUF are flipping mental!

8. kittylion

kittylion Established commenter

My ex MIL used to vacuum the dog - not with an upright obviously but with a cylinder. The dog was OK until her tail went up it, then she used to get up and run away. The dog was quite sizeable - German shepherd - so didn't stick to the end of the hose like kittens would :-D

9. scilab

scilab New commenter

I vacuum our dog - he loves it, and pesters me all the time if I get the vacuum out until I do him as well. He goes mental afterwards, and does laps at top speed round the house. [​IMG] Saves vacuuming the floor quite so often as well!

10. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

My MiL once sucked the sock off my OH when he was a toddler. He claims that this is why he has a strange aversion to the noise of the hoover. It makes him feel all worried and stressed. Apparently.[​IMG]
    My children used to particularly like following from the front when I was hoovering (wither that or riding around on it). In fact, any behaviour (including switching it on and off) that was guaranteed to make the job more difficult and last longer, bless 'em.

11. http://www.dogwork.com/cvmuck8/

12. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

One of my two dogs is scared of the vacuum cleaner. He hates it and always runs out of the room when it heads in his direction.
    The other dog is totally unimpressed by it. I have to ask him to move so I can vacuum the sofa cushions. He found a new game though - put no. 2 dog's favourite toy in the path of the vacuum cleaner and watch the dilemma. So mean but kind of funny! Running away won out.

13. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Lead commenter

I was very fond of my former nextdoor neighbours' springer spaniel, Pippa. She would always come over to the fence when I was in the garden so that I could make a fuss of her. One day I noticed her lying under a bush, looking fearful and upset, and she wouldn't move from the spot. I really thought she must be unwell. When I told my neighbour about this and enquired about Pippa's health, he said "Don't worry, Joyce (his wife) was doing the ironing earlier and Pippa isn't too fond of the iron".
    [​IMG]