1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Well, I have had a horrible day.

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by Lilybett, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Anybody else?
    I'm glad it's Friday, though. I might go to bed with Frasier Crane and a mini Magnum soon.
    xxx

2. Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious New commenter

I wouldn't call it horrible, but with the idiots of year 11 were playing to type again, I'm feeling shattered.

3. Realised one of my colleagues is a snitch - he's been telling me stuff I do is fine and then running off to the DH to tell tales. So my induction meeting with the DH was basically a half-hour variation on the theme: 'Why do you suck so much?' And I think some of the stuff they're expecting me to do would be a big ask for an experienced teacher without any other adult support in the classroom, never mind the NQT. I didn't say this, though, obviously! [​IMG]
    It doesn't look so bad after some sleep, though; and most of my colleagues (including the Head and Asst. Head) are unfailingly gorgeous and I'm pretty sure they think I'm special LOL. [​IMG] So. Not that bad, really. And I suppose the bollocking off the DH has crystalised what to prioritise and get done RIGHT NOW.
    I did actually also get some Ben & Jerry's last night - how disgustingly indulgent is that? My sister was hungover and I was bored of planning and we got the giggles so we both got into my bed with Frasier Crane and consumed about a million, billion, trillion calories. Most satisfactory.
    How is your work situation right now, lovely? xxx

4. Also! Y11 on a Friday! Gah!

5. Thanks for this advice. This morning, I took him the planning and he looked very sheepish and confessed he hadn't done the subject he was supposed to do, which afforded me the opportunity to be VERY bloody nice about it and offer assurances that it didn't matter blah blah. Of course, this probably actually made him hate me a bit inside lol, but at least I wasn't the one caught on the hoof. [​IMG]
    What's your business? I hope you get the jobs you're after. I remember from jobhunting this time last year, the run-up to Xmas was bleak but green shoots soon appeared in the New Year xx

6. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

I bet that felt nice to be a step ahead! [​IMG]
    I started a business as a freelance designer where I ended up doing wedding stationery. I'm now thinking of taking it into mass producing greetings cards as there should be more profit in it (been reading a few business books which say you'll never make a good income on your own business if the only thing you have to sell is your time, common sense really but made me have a rethink) If you want to have a look this is the FB page https://www.facebook.com/CharlieRomeoDesign and I need to rebuild the website at some point.
    Was hoping there would be some Christmas casual work but no joys yet, sure something will turn up eventually. Hope your week continues to get better & better [​IMG] x

7. Oooh, love a good wedding! I like and 'liked' your page :) x