1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Well I got A job :-)

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by littlemissraw, Feb 18, 2012.

1. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

in a shop today (yey), and the employers seemed lovely (double yey)... but I had just been invited to an interview in two weeks that I REALLY want. My parents and OH don't see the problem but why do I feel guilty already?!

2. littlemissraw

in a shop today (yey), and the employers seemed lovely (double yey)... but I had just been invited to an interview in two weeks that I REALLY want. My parents and OH don't see the problem but why do I feel guilty already?!

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

You're a star, a twinkly star! Well done to you, Little Miss Raw!

Super, super, super!
    [​IMG]
    Do you get a staff discount - will you give it to me if I turn up to do my shopping? [​IMG]
    Well done again.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th, and also the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 17th March.
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com
    www.tesweekendworkshop90.eventbrite.com

4. littlemissraw

Thanks Theo! [​IMG]
    Ooh I might, if you want to by Mrs G some diamonds let me know lol.
    Do you think I should feel bad about going to the other interview? [​IMG] x

5. Congratulations you!!

Now- please don't feel guilty! Go to the interview. I used to be in retail management and we were used to reasonably high turn over. Especially when it came to educated adults. I'm sure, given your employment history, they know that you won't be sticking around forever, and if they are lovely, they'll be happy for you when you get your teaching post :)

6. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Oh, wow, littlemissraw, that's really good news! Shout it from the rofftops.
    [​IMG]
    Go for the other one. What is it they say 'Success breeds success'!

7. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Senior commenter

Congratulations littlemissraw [​IMG]! That is fantastic news! x