1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Well done, TES

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by Vince_Ulam, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Edit It worked Click name and then 'Start a converstaion option. I've sent you a Pm should receive an alert typing quickly so as not to get timed out -hence brevity!
    EDIT yes hopefully you should receive an alert. Click onname and the 'start a conversation option.
    Where is that 'hidey hole?
    As to 3 sending a PM I managed it yesterday but have now forgotten how.:oops: However I think I just 'clicked' on someone's name and was then able to message them I'll try and then see if there's time to edit to say how it goes.

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Well edit function didn't work.
    I've PMed you Spirtiwalkerness,
    You click on the person's name then choose start a conversation option. Hopefully you should receive an alert!

3. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

Yes I did but the alert thing needs to be by the avatar I think - so you can see it instantly rather than having to scroll up and clicking on your username and checking your alerts there!

Rott Weiler likes this.
  4. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

*am quite liking 'spirti'walkerness*:D

marlin likes this.
  5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

6. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

Watched & Alerts kick the current site's Hotlist into a cocked hat. I gave up visiting the Hotlist some years ago and only add things so I can track new contributions to interesting discussions by means of the flame icon. At the top of my Hotlist now are discussions from March. I can't see anything I have added recently and don't even recall adding the discussions that I see there; it's useless to me as a page.

7. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Thank you for all you comments @Vince_Ulam @marlin @TheoGriff @Spiritwalkerness @Dunteachin @GLsghost

Thank you also for giving up your time to help test the beta site.:):D