1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Well done, TES

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by Vince_Ulam, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

Nice site. Easy to use. I like what I see so far even if there is too much green accenting for my taste.

My favourable impression is heightened by the still wide open spaces and relative peace with the only sound that of prospective tenants moving from room to room and murmuring their admiration for the finish and the flow. I only hope that you managed to remove more than the headstones.

2. Vince_Ulam

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

@Vince_Ulam

Yes, I'm happy so far, but I haven't tested everything yet.

4. Vince_Ulam

@marlin

I don't think we need to eat an apple's gowk to say that we enjoyed an apple.

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Looking good! I have managed everything that I wanted to do. Except change this avatar . . . :D

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  6. Vince_Ulam

@TheoGriff

It's pretty. At first I was concerned it was some kind of a memorial but I've come to accept it as a chunk of millefiori.

7. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

@Vince_Ulam and @anyonewhomightfeelleftout

I'm liking it so far. MUCH easier to use and on a par with other sites/forums I use. As for navigating round the site, well that gets easier the more you use something. It is far quicker to load but I presume that might have something to do with the fact there is less here at present.

I'll be much happier when:
    1. I get my avatar back - it took me long enough to put one up in the first place!
    2. The facility for a signature is revealed from its hidey hole.
    3. I can have a 'conversation' with someone - it's something I much prefer as I tend to drift off-topic and as a consequence tend not to respond/reply to threads.
    4. Work out how to send someone a pm (or is this not an option over here? If I recall correctly, wasn't the pm option removed or very difficult 'over there'

8. Vince_Ulam

@Spiritwalkerness

1. I wish more people would show imagination with their avatar. Of the people currently here, something like 70% of them are using cats.
    2. Given the preponderance of cats I expect signatures to quickly overpower discussions with hoards of jiggling gifs, emoticons and multi-coloured, variously fonted and unfunny quotes from people who should not be quoted.
    3. Not sure how to help you with your attention span.
    4. See Conversations under your profile avatar.

9. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

I really like it and will get to grips with all the bits and pieces. I use a tablet and can't even change font, etc on that - maybe it's me! - so I'm pleased I can do that on here. Don't think I can do pictures, though.:(

10. Dunteachin

11. Dunteachin

Ooh, I can! Sort of!

12. GLsghost

GLsghost Star commenter

@Vince_Ulam Yes, I am impressed so far. I am looking forward to acquiring an avatar and deploying a signature. Does anyone know when this will happen? Will it be on the 'real' new site?

13. TES_Pippa

TES_Pippa Guest

@GLsghost I'm on it - will hope to have it all fixed early part of next week.

14. TES_Pippa

TES_Pippa Guest

The avatar part that is just to clarify

15. GLsghost

GLsghost Star commenter

Thank you!
    I've just come home to being able to play with a signature! This will make my life easier! :D

16. Spiritwalkerness

I tend to always use the same avatar on all my forums but felt I wanted to keep a tad of anonymity on here - what's less anonymous than a fluffy koala tastefully backlit on an orange towel?
    If you witnessed my attempts at koala gif inputting last night you'll be relieved that I shan't be doing that again!
    I understand how the Conversation thingy works - am presuming it's similar to a private chatroom.
    As for the attention span, it's not that I lack one more that some threads and responses can be rather intimidating. Perhaps I shouldn't have spent time lurking in Opinion and watching the car crashes that some threads became.

17. marlin

I'm about to start a conversation with you, in case you haven't received one yet.

18. Spiritwalkerness

OOh, so what do I do. well, I know how to converse but how will I know. The excitement of it all!

19. marlin

Check the drop down menu from your avatar and you should see Conversations there.

20. Spiritwalkerness

Conversations - CHECK