1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Well Done! It's Easter

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by Bateman8936, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Bateman8936

Bateman8936 New commenter

Hi everyone! As nobody else has posted this message yet I thought I would!

I know we've all still got the summer terms to go but I feel quite pleased at the moment having made it this far through the PGCE and still be surviving. And just think - even if you are finding it difficult, it's only 7 teaching weeks (for us anyway) so not long to go now! So now Easter's here I'm spending the first few days planning and working on these assignments but I've decided week 2 is a week for me to relax!

Well done for getting this far, good luck for the next term and have a great break everyone!

2. Bateman8936

Bateman8936 New commenter

Hi everyone! As nobody else has posted this message yet I thought I would!

I know we've all still got the summer terms to go but I feel quite pleased at the moment having made it this far through the PGCE and still be surviving. And just think - even if you are finding it difficult, it's only 7 teaching weeks (for us anyway) so not long to go now! So now Easter's here I'm spending the first few days planning and working on these assignments but I've decided week 2 is a week for me to relax!

Well done for getting this far, good luck for the next term and have a great break everyone!

3. Hi Bateman!
    I feel the same way, I'm so pleased it's almost finished and I can't believe it.
    I only have 4 teaching weeks, then assignments to work on and I will be done in June.
    It has been intense, difficult and exhausting but also exhilarating and fun.
    It has been life-changing for me, I love teaching and interacting with young people and I also love planning fun lessons.
    So well done to everyone!
    Best wishes,
    Janna

4. MizUnderstood

MizUnderstood New commenter

Those of us that are SCITT students still have 14 weeks left to go, I don't finish until my primary school breaks up! Another 8 weeks of 80% teaching practice and one more assignment and then I will be done. I must say having done 10 weeks of 60-80% teaching already, along with another 8 weeks at 80% will have me well prepared for September, as I fully intend to have a job at the end of this!