1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

welcome to the world, Egyptchild!

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by Si N. Tiffick, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Si N. Tiffick

Si N. Tiffick Occasional commenter

Congratulations to EG, Egyptbloke and Scarlett.
    x

2. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

Yes, it does indeed deserve its own thread.
    Congrats all of you!
    Enjoy this time
    xxx

3. Wonderful news! Many congratulations to a lovely family xx

4. Have been away, so don't know what you had (a baby, obviously!) or when, but heartiest congratulations. At least the kitchen is finished and Scarlet settled, so the next few months will be a breeze. Splutter, splutter! It will get better and you do sound a lovely family with good support in this country and beyond. I always love your posts. xx

5. Well done to the lot of you.
    Just remember the golden rules of parenthood.
    1) Never stand when you could sit.
    2) Never sit when you could lie down.
    The rest should be a breeze.

6. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

Big hugs all round!

7. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Wonderful news!
    xxx

8. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

Thanks so much for all of your good wishes. You are all so lovely to me!
    We've decided to call him Harry, after Mr EGs late grandfather.
    Have survived a visit from Mr EGs grandmother - apparently, our son "cries too much" and is "on the small side". Pfft!

9. Ha! Grow him into a rugby playing monster and send him to her house for the holidays - that'll larn 'er!

Congratulations, EG xx

10. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Many, many congratulations! So lovely to have some happy news. :) Wishing you great joy, egyptgirl and family. X

11. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

Many congrats to you and your family EG. x x

12. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

I was wrong, a boy, tell me more, what date and time? Got back from an amazining time in Jordan yesterday, so missed out and learnt how to make m'ssakhan and Arreiyas.
    Congratulations and do you want some pistachio nuts?

13. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

Thanks Manashee, PM and Lapin! Harry was born on Saturday 8th at 9.47pm - like to think it had something to do with my Dad - he died on the 9th October so its like a blessing from him.
    Thanks for the offer on the pistachios but Mum has beaten you to it...she brought me so many goodies and has done so much baking, which I am eating as I type! I will never be thin again!
    Tell me more about Jordan..

14. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Oh, EG! I confess I shed a wee tear after reading your last post. Your dad would be so proud of you. X

15. cinnamonsquare

cinnamonsquare Occasional commenter

Sending congratulations a little late, but many congratulations to you both and a big welcome to Harry xx