1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Welcome Day at IoE on 13th June

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by incorrigiblepixie, May 31, 2011.

1. Just wondering if anyone else is going to this meet up at IoE on the 13th June? I only just got my offer letter so feeling a bit nervous about it all.
    :)

2. Just wondering if anyone else is going to this meet up at IoE on the 13th June? I only just got my offer letter so feeling a bit nervous about it all.
    :)

3. shoegal44

shoegal44 New commenter

Hiya, yes I'm going, and there are a few others on here too!

I don't think it's anything to be nervous about, just a few forms to sign, if anything I'm looking forward to it! I really want to get a feel for the course and, of course, meet a few people who I will be studying with in September!

Everybody was really friendly at my interview, so I'm sure it will be a good day!

See you there x

4. mypseudonym

mypseudonym New commenter

I went to the IOE welcome event yesterday.

There is nothing to be nervous about. It's just a couple of talks and dealing with paper work - such as signing you CRB form and paying for that plus the medical questionnaire. Also filling out info to help them place you.
    Finally you get sent off at the end of the afternoon for a subject specific meeting where you'll get to meet the course leader and the other people on your course.
    During the course specfic part we had a discussion about our concerns for the year ahead and what to expect (it's nice to know that other people have the same worries).
    The leader also went through the time table for the year which was very useful - so now I know my first day in school placement will be October 5th! Eek!

Was good to meet everyone - and one other person from the same interview group as me got through too which is nice!

Great talk from Sheila King too which really helped to ease my mind that I have made the right decision to go into teaching - and especially that I'm doing with with the IOE.

5. Just logged on to start a thread about this myself... glad to see at least 3 people will be there - incorrigiblepixie, shoegal44 and leningrad! [​IMG]
    Thanks for the explanation of your open day mypseudonym.
    What subject is everyone doing?
    And is the only thing we have to do in prep for it the CRB online thing?

6. Giving this a bump as it's getting close!

7. I'll be there! Looking forward to meeting members of the secondary English course. In real life, my name's Becky, in case you see me there.