1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Weird, vivid dreams

Discussion in 'Personal' started by mmm...Milk, Nov 17, 2019.

1. mmm...Milk

mmm...Milk New commenter

Night after night, multiple dreams, week on week. I'm exhausted,emotionally drained, and at a complete loss what to do. On anti depressants, regular sleep routine. Phone etc not in room, Any suggestions?

2. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

I had a spell of that.
    One day I told my friend all about it in detail and since then I've had far fewer.
    It might just need offloading?

3. vannie

vannie Star commenter

Have you just started your AD's? I had horrible dreams when I started on Citalopram.

Aquamarina1234 likes this.
  4. Toomuchtooyoung

Toomuchtooyoung Occasional commenter

Definitely the antidepressants. I take 5htp 2 months on 1 month off. Vivid dreams mean it’s working in my mind. When I was on Prozac dreams were off the scale, but I always thought vivid dreams meant a deep sleep.

5. 7eleven

7eleven Senior commenter

I have incredibly vivid dreams and am not in anti depressants. I was advised to make sure I got out into the daylight in the mornings, to support serotonin. Can’t say it’s massively helped.

6. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

Lettuce.

7. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

I thought remembering dreams was associated with interrupted sleep.
    OP, have you tried sleeping with some kind of background noise? I sleep with an audiobook on. I find it helps me tune out some of the little ordinary sounds that would otherwise wake me up, and if I do wake, I find it easier to avoid getting into that trap where your mind is racing and you can’t get back to sleep, because I can just focus on the story and block my thoughts out.

8. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

very soporific for bunnies

sbkrobson likes this.
  9. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

Yes.
    And that's just the tip of the iceberg.
    (boom boom)
    Consumption of large amounts of lettuce shortly before bedtime is good for sleep and relaxation, so maybe for stilling an awareness of dreams also.
    However, I do understand there are huge drawbacks to this sort of medical science- it is not provided in a blister pack, for example, and it does not entail furthering the concerns of some distant yet omnipresent pharmaceutical monopolist. So I understand completely if people want to dismiss this idea as dangerous and opt instead for the more familiar Seroxat related route.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  10. mmm...Milk

mmm...Milk New commenter

Hm mmm...... Lettuce before bed? No thanks. Last night was the best for weeks. I even slept in bed all night! Fingers crossed for tonight. Maybe it's sharing on here. Glad I am not alone.

11. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

Have you tried a weighted blanket? I tried one for a couple of nights, thought it had no real impact so slept a couple of nights without it and really felt the difference. It helps me get to sleep so much quicker. Between that and the audiobooks, my sleep quality is so much better. Quantity still isn’t great, but that’s what having 3 kids who are apparently allergic to sleep will do for you

12. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

Belle du jour totally endorses these, and other posters agreed. Sounds like my errr... worst nightmare but if it works for you, it works.