1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Weird things babies do

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by Astralabe, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Lets be honest, babies are so weird. Today Sasha spent half an hour on her front on the garden on this plastic mat blowing spit onto it with a big razzing noise, then rubbing the spit all around. Over and over. Yesterday she found the supermarket tannoy hilarious every time it came on. Inknow it's not just my baby.... Is it?!

2. kittenmittens

kittenmittens New commenter

Baby Kitten loves it when I clean her bumbo or highchair tray- she shrieks with laughter watching the kitchen roll being pushed around it. So not exciting!

3. BabyBug loves it when I do a ridiculous fake laugh- she joins in! We are also roaring like a lion a lot at the moment!

4. Ha ha! My OH keeps asking if other babies meet are mental too! I have a cold at the mo and coughs and sneezes are apparently hilarious. He loves to stare at people without smiling and then roll his eyes like a grumpy teenager!

5. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

My 10 week old baby loves to stare at the light on our lounge ceiling, and she laughs at it! My son did exactly the same when he was a baby. I suppose it's the contrast of colour, but it's still funny to see them do it!
    My 2 year old likes to put his drink in his mouth, then spit it out onto the coffee table or sofa, and then rub the water around. This is probably what your little girl will be doing when she's older!!
    He also went through a phase recently where he'd just throw himself backwards onto the floor and crack up laughing.

6. My 11 year old LOVES it when I stand in fromt of her and jog on the spot. She also loves it if you open and close your mouth like a goldfish.
    She likes putting things in my mouth. She giggles if I try and take something she is holding in her mouth away from her in my mouth.

7. Sorry, 11 month old.
    Eeek, should have edited it!

8. Chica, my 9 errk old's the same! She also likes to just stare at the ceiling!

9. My 16 month old loves to carry silicone cake cases round with her everywhere[​IMG] It's like they're her comfort thing she screams whenever anyone tries to take them off her.
    She also loves to run round and round the house screaming, and waiting for someone to chase her.

10. so many things that I can33't think of, but one thing she's obsessed with at the moment is chasing the dog and making her wag in her face...I suppose it tickles, but it's so funny when she laughs so hard she gives herself hiccups!!! Makes me nearly wet myself!
    Also finds it hilarious when I pretend to leave her in the trolley in the supermarket!
    She's 18 months!

11. My dd has just started scowling at any visitor who dares to talk to her, and then she giggles and claps when they leave. It's a little embarrassing to be honest.
    She also has decided that my handbag is the best hat in the world, so she takes all the things out of it and sits with it on her head while she's playing.