1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Weird symptons

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by valencia, Apr 12, 2013.

1. valencia

valencia New commenter

For a while now, I have been getting weird aches and pains, especially in my hips, top of legs, buttocks and shoulders.,They only occur during resting.
    Lay down on the sofa tonight for only 5 mins (3 hours ago) and am still aching. It doesnt happen when sitting.
    Bedtime is awful have a vitually no sleep for the last few nights (not good when i have to be up ay 6 for work).
    Its almost feels like a deep bruising in all the places I mentioned..Although it doesn't feel serious enough to go to the doctors, its driving me mad!

2. valencia

valencia New commenter

For a while now, I have been getting weird aches and pains, especially in my hips, top of legs, buttocks and shoulders.,They only occur during resting.
    Lay down on the sofa tonight for only 5 mins (3 hours ago) and am still aching. It doesnt happen when sitting.
    Bedtime is awful have a vitually no sleep for the last few nights (not good when i have to be up ay 6 for work).
    Its almost feels like a deep bruising in all the places I mentioned..Although it doesn't feel serious enough to go to the doctors, its driving me mad!

3. I think you should not take it lightly and visit the doctors.This type of pain was the starting symptom of Arthritis for my granny so its better that you visit the doctor.
    hp designjet ink

4. I was going to say arthritis too, aches, pains and inability to sleep warrant a trip to your GP.

5. Yes - go to the GP. It may be best to think very carefully about any other possible changes that you have noticed as well - are there things that you find harder to do? Changes in muscle tone? Changes in frequency of going to the loo? Do you get muscle twitches when your muscles are resting? That sort of thing. There are things such as arthritis and fibromyalgia and a lot of other conditions that can creep up on you and it is worth testing for anything that can be tested for and treated early rather than waiting until they are causing major problems as diagnosis can take a long time.

6. valencia

valencia New commenter

Thanks for your replies.
    I get none of the above symptoms, but i have always had trouble sleeping, can't remember the last time i had a full nights, solid sleep, I've sort of grown used to that. But my mum suffers badly from oesteoarthritis, wonder if its genetic?

7. It can be - you ought to get it checked out.