1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Weird neighbour

Discussion in 'Personal' started by O_live, Oct 26, 2018.

1. mothorchid

mothorchid Star commenter

It does sound as if she has mental health problems, but I would still say that your best bet is to stop leaving things outside by the doors. Take things directly to a charity shop - those bags are frequently a scam of one sort or another - and arrange for parcels to be left elsewhere. Take umbrellas inside and put them in the bath or the sink to drain. Etc etc.
    If you want to go further, then I suppose social services would be the next step.
    But she may well be getting all sorts of support which you are unaware of, so once you have made a phone call, I'd leave things as they are. Just not on the doorstep.;)

InkyP likes this.
  2. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

You say outside your door... Is this a front door with a front garden and path to it? Is it a front door of a flat with a common walkway shared by other flats? Is it a flat with a front door into a communal hallway? Is it a front door opening straight onto the street? Or do you have a half-mile driveway to get to your front door? I can see reasons for getting annoyed with bags outside doors in some circumstances that would not be a problem in others, and might require a different response.

InkyP likes this.
  3. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

Stuff left outside doors in a confined area like this could constitute a fire hazard and restrict a fast exit should it be required. I wouldn't react the way she did but I might have a quiet word with you in this case.