1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Weird itchy bumps

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by Bonnie23, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Bonnie23

Bonnie23 Occasional commenter

Hi,

This is an odd one and I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place - just a first place to go to.

I've basically got about 20 itchy bumps on my legs, or started out with 20. Now I'm slowly getting more. Only on my feet and legs below the knee.

I did sit outside the other night but my legs and feet were covered and no one else was bitten. The little itchy marks have been developing over the last three days.

I've tried a cream for the itch but it doesn't seem to be getting rid of them. I thought they looked like standard insect bites but normally they go for my arms and upperbody.

Anyone any ideas?

2. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

Possibly a heat rash? I get itchy bumps like that after walking long distances in my ankle boots.

Bonnie23 likes this.
  3. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

I am bitten by anything that bites so I feel your situation.
    I go armed everywhere with tea tree oil and wipes. Apply immediately if notice the bite. I also have anti histamine cream and tablets (including some on prescription from the dr which when I took them zonked me out better than any other drug I have ever been exposed to ... I will say no more)
    Is it possible it is an allergic reaction? Have you changed washing powder etc or conditioner? Do you have pets - particularly a cat as it might be that they have acquired "little friends" Have you been away on holiday? If so there is a chance that your luggage picked up bed bugs...apparently this is increasingly common.
    I was also bitten on a flight back from Florida once...... I felll asleep on the rear most set of seats on the plane and woke up being bitten..... not pleasant. I reckoned they could have been spider bites.
    Google bite pictures to see if you recognise them and identify the beasties.....
    Good luck.

4. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Does sound like insect bites. I recommend Smidge but I think you have to get it online. Got us round the West Coast of Scotland last year.

Bonnie23 likes this.
  5. Bonnie23

Bonnie23 Occasional commenter

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

This is the first year I've been bitten! normally they go for my mum. I haven't changed anything, my parents have dogs but they're really careful with them and they don't have fleas, I asked my parents to check today just in case.
    I stayed at my mums and she is very strict with cleaning so there's no chance of bed bugs.

They just seem to be appearing from no where! :(

6. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

I was thinking more of hotels rather than parental visits! It is suitcases apparently can be a problem....if you put them on a bed or a dark cupboard where they have lodged.....
    Gnats bite too..... teeny little horrors and you don't notice them as they get you.... so might be the culprits. I do also think as we grow older (aren't you now sorry you read my posts ?) we become less immune to them. I react very badly now to any bite.

Bonnie23 likes this.