1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Weights for balance scales

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by RW369, Jun 21, 2011.

1. I have a set of the old fashioned balance scales, my mum got jealous and has now bought a set for herself. The problem is the scales only come with imperial weights and my Mum would like some metric weights too.
    I have both, the imperial came with the scales and I picked up the metric at an iron mongers in York. Unfortunately we don't have any iron mongers near us and a trip to York isn't really practical (I was on holiday when I got mine). Does anyone know of any national chains that sell sets of metric weights of anywhere else that I might be able to find some.
    In the meantime she is using metric products to give the balance, mainly chocolate because it comes in a range of weights and is easy to stack - I think this is just an excuse to buy lots of chocolate though.

2. I have a set of the old fashioned balance scales, my mum got jealous and has now bought a set for herself. The problem is the scales only come with imperial weights and my Mum would like some metric weights too.
    I have both, the imperial came with the scales and I picked up the metric at an iron mongers in York. Unfortunately we don't have any iron mongers near us and a trip to York isn't really practical (I was on holiday when I got mine). Does anyone know of any national chains that sell sets of metric weights of anywhere else that I might be able to find some.
    In the meantime she is using metric products to give the balance, mainly chocolate because it comes in a range of weights and is easy to stack - I think this is just an excuse to buy lots of chocolate though.

3. Si N. Tiffick

Si N. Tiffick Occasional commenter

4. I think I got mine from Boots.

Tesco also do them
    http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.209-6362.aspx

5. Si N. Tiffick

Si N. Tiffick Occasional commenter

6. marshypops

marshypops New commenter

7. Thanks everyone. My Mum doesn't have the internet which is why I was looking for real shops, normally I would look online for something out of the ordinary like this and for some strange reason completely forgot that I could just order some for her. I've now ordered a set and will take them over to her once they arrive - maybe she can then share the chocolate stack [​IMG]