1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Weight Watchers Pro Points

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by antoniou, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Hi all,
    I rejoined WW last night after putting on almost double what I lost for my wedding!
    When I was a member 3 years ago I bought a few cookbooks, the calculator and scales. However, the new Pro Points system means these are no longer compatible. I bought a new calculator with my started pack, but I'm now really annoyed that I've got 3 cookbooks that I can't use. I suppose what I'm asking it: has anyone worked out how I can calculate the new Points values of the recipes in the books?
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Hi all,
    I rejoined WW last night after putting on almost double what I lost for my wedding!
    When I was a member 3 years ago I bought a few cookbooks, the calculator and scales. However, the new Pro Points system means these are no longer compatible. I bought a new calculator with my started pack, but I'm now really annoyed that I've got 3 cookbooks that I can't use. I suppose what I'm asking it: has anyone worked out how I can calculate the new Points values of the recipes in the books?
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

3. You may find this useful:
    http://www.healthyweightforum.org/eng/articles/points-plus/

There are other similar resources online

4. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

You lost weight before. I don't understand why you need to do something different this time.

5. Lila, I need the motivation of a weekly weigh-in, but the plan I followed before doesn't exist anymore!

6. Xericist

Xericist New commenter

It's called yo-yo dieting and is very common for dieters to lose weight and then regain it.

7. I think you might just find that Lilac knows this. I presume what she meant was why not follow the same plan as last time as it clearly worked, why follow the new points plan?

8. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Of course it does. They may not be promoting it any more, but there's nothing stopping you doing whatever you did before.

9. This is what I meant, I hope you didn't mind my previous post referring to you [​IMG]
    My sister still follows the WW points system when she needs to lose a bit of weight.