1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Weight loss that works

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by moonraker99, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Is there a lot of weight-rlated pain here or what? At the end of the summer hols (last couple of weeks in sunny Spain, this year), me and my partner came home, we downloaded our summer hol photos, so we could upload them to Facebook, and we nearly died of shame. Both of us looked like beached whales in shorts. You all know what that looks like!. First day of term nothing fitted! I really had to see if the belt would hold me in. Tanned but fat! That was it for me. By half term we both were on abstinence diets and chemical food substitutes. We were losing weight! Trouble was we were losing energy too! We felt we were dying (we probably were :)-( !. Then we switched to something just as effective - the weight loss continued, but as we lost weight, we gained energy. Upshot was we'd both lost 45 pounds by the 1st December! But - we knew about yo-yo diets as we had both been there. But over Christmas I put on one pound. Partner put on two. The buzz we felt dumping almost entire wardrobe in the local charity shop was fantastic! Can't begin to describe the high. So don't give up! If we can do it - so can you! So hang on in there! You can do it if you really want to

2. Is there a lot of weight-rlated pain here or what? At the end of the summer hols (last couple of weeks in sunny Spain, this year), me and my partner came home, we downloaded our summer hol photos, so we could upload them to Facebook, and we nearly died of shame. Both of us looked like beached whales in shorts. You all know what that looks like!. First day of term nothing fitted! I really had to see if the belt would hold me in. Tanned but fat! That was it for me. By half term we both were on abstinence diets and chemical food substitutes. We were losing weight! Trouble was we were losing energy too! We felt we were dying (we probably were :)-( !. Then we switched to something just as effective - the weight loss continued, but as we lost weight, we gained energy. Upshot was we'd both lost 45 pounds by the 1st December! But - we knew about yo-yo diets as we had both been there. But over Christmas I put on one pound. Partner put on two. The buzz we felt dumping almost entire wardrobe in the local charity shop was fantastic! Can't begin to describe the high. So don't give up! If we can do it - so can you! So hang on in there! You can do it if you really want to

3. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Did you forget to put a link to whatever it is you're selling? Or will you be asking people to PM you so that you can do that?

4. Sounds very american to me too, why do they bother?!

5. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Because they think we are as stupid as they are?

6. Do you think companies employ people to look for forums to sell things? Gosh. But free advertising of course on a site like this!