1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Weight gain at 24+4- is this 'normal'??

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by cath1980, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Hi, I have put on around lbs (was 9stone and am now about 9stone 9lbs) The last few pounds seem to have gone on very quickly- I haven't weighed myself for 2 weeks as have moved house and left scales in the back of my car so have put on almost 2lbs over those 2 weeks. Is this normal or is this a very big weight gain for this stage? I am really unsure of what is normal or not!!

2. Lottes

Lottes New commenter

I'm not sure when I gained each bit of weight, but I gained 2 stones in total (which I believe is average for pregnancy). I think you should stop weighing yourself!!!! - it'll make you worry unecessarily. I think 9lbs sounds about right. All the best x

3. Remember that your body weight can fluctuate by 2lb a day pregnant or not! A lot of the 'weight' is fluid, the extra blood pumping round your body, as well as the baby, and the fat that you put down in preparation for breastfeeding. I put about a stone during my last pregnancy, baby was 9lb. I am overweight so for me that was ok. I weighed myself a week after birth and I was the same weight as pre-pregnancy (body was a totally different shape but that's another story!) Don't worry about it - check with your MW if you are still concerned. Good luck!

4. hhhh

hhhh Lead commenter

I gained 3 stone, very unfair as hardly ate due to morning sickness. Assuming you attending all your mat apts, the midwife would say if she wasn't happy. To put your mind at rest ring your GP but sure it's normal. They say don't weight yourself as some pregant women start doing mad exercise or dieting which can be dangerous for lo.