1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Weight/Food issues in lower KS2

Discussion in 'Behaviour' started by nikkichapman, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Has anyone ever experienced girls commenting on the food choices and weight of other girls in their class? These girls are only in Y3 and I want to nip this in the bud before it goes any further.

Would you suggest I deal with this as you would any other name calling incident? Or would educating them on diet/body confidence etc be a better route? If the latter does anyone have any ideas on where to start with this.

I don't want to create any long lasting issues with these children.

2. Has anyone ever experienced girls commenting on the food choices and weight of other girls in their class? These girls are only in Y3 and I want to nip this in the bud before it goes any further.

Would you suggest I deal with this as you would any other name calling incident? Or would educating them on diet/body confidence etc be a better route? If the latter does anyone have any ideas on where to start with this.

I don't want to create any long lasting issues with these children.

3. Circle times on 'what makes us special?' or something similar? Discussion about the benefits of eating a balanced diet.
    Good luck :)

4. Thanks for the suggestions, I think I probably will go down that route!
    Nikki