1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Weekend seminar & interview coaching

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by susiec08, Feb 3, 2012.

1. For those who have been on these seminars where are they usually held in London? I am. Interested in going and hubby has agreed to the cost but it depends on train /bus travel.
    Thanks

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Well, I count as having been on these seminars, as I run them!
    They are in TES Towers (!), in Red Lion Square, which is just off High Holborn.
    Any bus that stops near Holborn Tube Station, or a tube to there of course, and then you have 4 minutes walking.
    You walk along High Holborn for about 150 yards. There's a small McDonalds on the left, then a bit further on the right a Waitrose. Just opposite the Waitrose is a big sort of archway - a road actually runs through the middle of a building. Go under that archway and then 50 yds along on the right is Red Lion Square. Stay on the main road until you have gone past the little garden, then turn right into the far end of the square. The TES building is almost at the end, on the left, past the Boris bikes.
    I come from Waterloo; the buses are every 2 or 3 minutes and the bus ride itself, on a Saturday, is less than 10 minutes.
    Looking forward to seeing you there! (Book it soonish, as they get booked up fast).
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com

3. Thanks for that theo. I will have to check out trains and buses as I will be coming from the SW. I know Holbrn from previous visits to London so feel comfortable coming on my own (although hubby was not so sure, I had to convince him). I will book as soon as I know the transport works with timings.