1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Weekend opening

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by Stevek, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Stevek

Stevek New commenter

Is anyone thinking about opening their school over weekends for the children of key workers? Presumably NHS staff won’t be getting weekends off.

2. sooooexcited

sooooexcited Occasional commenter

Not planning to unless we have to but I do think this will be expected very soon.

3. ipswichlatebus

ipswichlatebus New commenter

Why will it be expected

4. Skeoch

Skeoch Lead commenter

Please ignore the poster. We have had a series of pointless posts from Ipswich.

5. mbee1

mbee1 Occasional commenter

Our LA has indicated in a recent conference call with local heads, that schools must be prepared to open at weekends and bank holidays and should think about preparations for Easter.

6. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

We are open over Easter but haven't planned for weekends yet!

7. install

install Star commenter

I am not an ht but work with hts.

I am doubtful about schools opening at weekends- although have heard it suggested. Holidays, even Summer holidays ‘yes’ - but imho not weekends.

Although the crisis will get worse the need to stay at home and isolated will increase.

8. thejudgesscoresarein

thejudgesscoresarein Occasional commenter

Not unless the government force us to- we don’t have the staffing provision to do so. We’re doing above call of duty by opening school at the moment.
    Staff need at least one day off- if they aren’t in school, they’re working from home.

welshwales likes this.