1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

**** week, followed by awful Friday and then bad Friday night!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by dogcat, Jan 31, 2011.

1. dogcat

dogcat New commenter

Last week was horrible and I'm still paying for it. Work is tough at new school, went out Friday night in an attempt to be sociable and ended up injuring my leg and losing my phone.
    Spent the weekend in pain and embarrassed because I can't remember the end of my night out, I got home in one piece (and alone!) etc but I hate having a blank about the last hr or so. I know it's dangerous and I could do without any lectures because I feel bad enough about it all.
    Someone I used to work with ended up with my phone randomly, and I have no idea why. Only thing I can think was that someone was trying to get hold of him through me. Not interested in the guy in the slightest and nothing untoward happened, but still worry. Spoken to my other half and he has said not to worry, and my friends that were out with me said not to worry, but they lost me at the end of the night.
    Just wish I was the kind of person that didn't worry about such things, but I can't help it.
    Think I just drank too fast and mixed and I don't go out much any more so not a good combination. Again just wanted a forum to get it off my chest, I don't need telling off I feel bad enough already!
    And now am back at work in my new hard job, feeling pants and wanting to forget the whole week!

2. dogcat

dogcat New commenter

Last week was horrible and I'm still paying for it. Work is tough at new school, went out Friday night in an attempt to be sociable and ended up injuring my leg and losing my phone.
    Spent the weekend in pain and embarrassed because I can't remember the end of my night out, I got home in one piece (and alone!) etc but I hate having a blank about the last hr or so. I know it's dangerous and I could do without any lectures because I feel bad enough about it all.
    Someone I used to work with ended up with my phone randomly, and I have no idea why. Only thing I can think was that someone was trying to get hold of him through me. Not interested in the guy in the slightest and nothing untoward happened, but still worry. Spoken to my other half and he has said not to worry, and my friends that were out with me said not to worry, but they lost me at the end of the night.
    Just wish I was the kind of person that didn't worry about such things, but I can't help it.
    Think I just drank too fast and mixed and I don't go out much any more so not a good combination. Again just wanted a forum to get it off my chest, I don't need telling off I feel bad enough already!
    And now am back at work in my new hard job, feeling pants and wanting to forget the whole week!

3. ROSIEGIRL

ROSIEGIRL Occasional commenter

Put it down to experience and maybe plan something nice and safe with your other half for next weekend!

4. Ah well - you live and learn.

Embarrassment fades over time.

5. learningyoghurt

learningyoghurt New commenter

Beware of drinking when you are tired, stressed or worried about something... that's when the evil life-wrecking gremlins come and take over your body.
    I am reading your post and thinking "Oh, it's not really that bad" which is really hypocritical because I've been in that position and then it's been The End Of The World. But remember that it's just your perspective... nobody else is worried and if anything is relieved that you were drunker and possibly more of a **** than they were.
    And it was very kind of you to do this and make them feel better about themselves [​IMG]
    I've been and done worse (me and alcohol aren't really friends) and I've yet to completely wreck my life on the back of it. It's not a good thing to make a habit of but everyone's allowed to miscalculate now and then.
    Let yourself feel a little bit more embarrassed and then put it in the Not Doing That Again box and leave it.

6. Great advice.

7. If I had a pound for every time I drink too much too fast, got plastered, made an **** of myself and forgot the least two hours, I'd have enough to do it all over again!
    On the one to ten scale of terrible blights to your life, this minor temporary embarrassment merits a 0.063.
    Forgive and forget.

8. I too have done this more times than I am proud of. Generally, I find most people there were as drunk as I was. Also, I tend to not do things that are too far out of character for me, just a little sillier. You'll be a smart drinker for a few months, until you forget how dumb you felt, then you'll do it again. And this will continue through life.

Or you will chose a life of sobriety.

9. ach, put it down to experience. I suspect many of us have been drunk at times in our life.
    I find it more worrying, to be honest, that you say your friends "lost" you.

10. dogcat

dogcat New commenter

Thankyou everyone! Have spoken to the guy who has my phone, he has no idea how he ended up with it and tells me I didn't do anything I shouldn't have!
    My friends lost me because the only person that usually tries to keep us all together is me, and I was clearly in no fit state to do so! I think my urge for food took me off on my own to locate some and a taxi.
    Really grateful for people's posts, I know it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, just really worried me in case I'd cheated on my bf. Not that I've done that before regardless of booze, but with a guy having my phone and me having no memory I did worry!
    I shall be having a quiet one this weekend, and stay in with my other half!

11. Make sure he doesn't lose you!
    [​IMG]

12. dogcat

dogcat New commenter

Think I better not lose him, especially as I'm sat here working into my 13th hour of the day and he has just sat with me and helped organise and staple my marking for me!
    Memo to self; never move school again it's such looooong days!