1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Wee bit of dog info needed please

Discussion in 'Personal' started by notmeanymore, Aug 11, 2011.

1. My pup was sedated this morning at the vet's for investigations into, and x-rays of, a leg injury. I know he'll be sleepy for most of today, but just wondered what to expect tomorrow morning. Will he be back to normal, or still needing a lot of rest?

2. My pup was sedated this morning at the vet's for investigations into, and x-rays of, a leg injury. I know he'll be sleepy for most of today, but just wondered what to expect tomorrow morning. Will he be back to normal, or still needing a lot of rest?

3. Probably back to normal.

4. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

My boys have always been back to normal by the next morning.

5. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

Same here. Usually ravenous from the meals they missed.

6. Probably a very sad figure of doggyness this evening meaning you feel like utter poo for taking him to the vet and putting him through it and worry all night - and then... service as normal in the AM making you wonder why on earth you felt guilty - if it's anything like my dog.

7. Mine was sedated this afternoon. He refused to settle when I brought him home - just sat bolt upright, dribbling, pathetic and nodding off, almost, but not quite falling over. He's now curled up under a foot stool - well, he thinks he's hidden, but his front and back ends are sticking out. I feel like the world's worst dog mum, but he'll be fine tomorrow, and so will yours. [​IMG]

8. MarilynDan

MarilynDan New commenter

Had to collect daughter's gorgeous 4 year old Cairn yesterday morning and take him to the vets - he'd been having a good old rootle round the nifght before and got something in his eye.
    Got him to the vets by 10:00 and he was sedated. Collected him at three and he really wasn't with it. A sad and sorry sight.
    Today he's had a good walk (in the rain) for an hour and was delivered back to daughter at the yard where she keeps her horse. He was last seen vanishing into the tress for another good rootle. Obviously back to his normal self.
    total bill just over £91 [​IMG]

9. Thanks all - pup has spent the rest of day snoozing, with the odd burst of energy and then he drops off again. Am reassured he'll be back to normal tomorrow which will, in one way, be worse as he's not allowed to go a walk for the next 10 days until his leg has recovered. Not quite sure how we'll keep him under control when he's full of energy we can't walk off!!

10. Mine was just over £200 [​IMG]

11. MarilynDan

MarilynDan New commenter

Ah, But we live up north where even McDonalds has announced it's closing - seaside town too :)

12. Lol Marilyndan!

BTW - to original poster - what kind of leg injury? My terrier has had back leg ligaments replaced, but would recommend shopping around for this treatment, the quotes ranged from 400 - 90!

~Pats

13. Thanks for the info everyone.
    The vet is not sure exactly what the injury is - it could be a greenstick fracture, or it could be soft tissue damage. Apparently the fracture won't show up on the x-rays for several weeks if that's what it is.
    He's a lot brighter in himself today - just very bored (see the other thread about keeping a puppy amused), but still hopping about rather than putting his foot down on the floor. Vet said just to keep giving him painkillers and anti-inflammatories for a week or so and see how he gets on. If there's no progress made then we need to start looking again for the root cause.