1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Webinar

Discussion in 'Education news' started by debdon, Feb 28, 2016.

Tags:
  1. debdon

debdon New commenter

Did anyone watch the webinars for ks1 and 2 assessments? Would like to know the outcomes but there is no sign of it published yet as they promised.

2. Benbamboo

Benbamboo Occasional commenter

I watched the KS2 one. It was an absolute waste of an hour of my life.

Most of the questions and answers just repeated information already published, with little elaboration. It was a cosy chat on a sofa with all four participants trotting out a party line about how teachers don't need to worry because they're the experts and they've done many years of development on the new curriculum and tests.

Much of the new information was contradictory to what our LEA advisor said she was told in the recent moderators meeting in Coventry. Mixed messages and muddier water.

debdon likes this.
  3. debdon

debdon New commenter

Just found someone's blog recording main points of ks1 webinar. I agree, nothing new. Feels like many channels are being blocked to access advice. Surely an advice line or email should be given to help communicate effectively. They shouldn't be allowed to publish such documents and run and hide from genuine questions. Who are STA answerable to?