1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

web restrictions in Hertfordshire

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by sadandconfused, May 1, 2011.

1. does anyone know if I can use google videos in a school in Hertfordshire? Need to use a clip of "Stomp" and can't find any other way of getting hold of it - I've lost my ancient video and I need it for Tuesday!

2. does anyone know if I can use google videos in a school in Hertfordshire? Need to use a clip of "Stomp" and can't find any other way of getting hold of it - I've lost my ancient video and I need it for Tuesday!

3. Just install Firefox and the DownloadHelper plugin - you can download it to your computer then to be sure?

4. Just be aware that videos downloaded from you tube don't always play directly (they apply some different codec so I'm told). Ones I've downloaded only play if embedded in a Smart Notebook file or in VLC player. it might just be our system but a temp. techie told me about it so its not just our place. Have a backup plan just in case!

5. I always carry around my memory stick as a teacher which has my Swiss army knife of tools, portable vlc, mock included in it. I'd suggest any teacher does the same!

6. DEmsley

DEmsley New commenter

...which is in breach of the terms of usage of YouTube and you are therefore commiting an offence.

7. If you have this problem look at Handbrake which is a very good free converter program.